Terra Folk: May

ravanwin

Terra Folk: May

Post by ravanwin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:15 pm

All,

I have told some of you about this, but not all since there hasn't been loads of time for discussion.

Now there is:

Terra Folk had a few gigs booked in the north of scotland but to make the gigs viable financially they needed to fill in with a couple of edinburgh dates.

However, they had no venue and they were all expensive and they love us. Since they couldn't have upstairs i (and others) thought we could offer them £300 to come, get a licensce, have them do a workshop for the community music etc, and then have a kick ass party all night. I offered this and grame, the uk dude, accepted.

HOWEVER, it turns out we will NOT be saving their asses because the next day they have a gig at the queens hall set up. So, grame said they'd be happy to do the thing for £300 or would just play if we could help them the expense of a room (£100) plus corkage or whatever if we decide not to get licensced. They wouldn't do a workshop, but they would rock out and the grant would help them.

Of course, workshops are cool And they are amazing.

Either way, we are on our way to an excellent gig and a good compromise.

Let me know what we think and i can get back to them asap.
Ryan

chris

Post by chris » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:21 pm

what is the decision that is required?

i do not think we should pay them £300 to play. i dont really understand the deal... seem a very dangerous precident..

they are amazingly good though.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:36 pm

deal done:

will play in may for £100 plus cork.

i am negotioating a workshop.
r

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:01 am

Love it, love them, etc!!!