hello forest ... kitchen couture?

lucyj

hello forest ... kitchen couture?

Post by lucyj » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:41 am

Hello Forest,

Firstly , can I say thankyou for the great welcome I have had from everyone! I am still finding my way around the forest but am really enjoying doing so!

As the environmental health visit threw up that the folk in the kitchen need to be wearing aprons and have their heads covered
I have been looking into hats and aprons for everyone in the kitchen and hopefully have found some suitable and cheap from a company called Chefs Kit.
Steve and I discussed this requirement of the environmental health yesterday and thought that in order to use the aprons tea, towels etc.more efficiently we'd need to order enough that a reasonable load could be in the washing machine and still have the kitchen crew covered, we reckoned about 15 aprons ('cos we have a few which are usable) and 18 hats. That's working on having 5 aprons and caps clean at a time for use.
The aprons are just plain white and could be screen printed with a forest logo.
This is going to be around £120 and will need to be paid for by card for an online order. Steve suggested that, as the Forest has no card, some kind individual may able and willing to use theirs and be re-imbursed by the Forest? I still have to run this past Bridget and check with Martin that the budget is ok (we thought originally, around £100).
Does this seem ok? Anyone know of anywhere cheaper?
We need to have the kitchen covered before their return visit which is to be next month some time.

http://www.chefskit.com/content/en/default.aspx
if anyone wants to take a look, it's the skull caps at £2.25 (+vat) (the aprons are 3.95 +vat)
cheers! Lucy

swithun

Re: hello forest ... kitchen couture?

Post by swithun » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:43 am

Nisbets is the other place to find cheap kitchen clobber, and I have an account with them already.

I can get this stuff this evening.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Sounds great, not sure if nisbets will be cheaper, do we need an account with these people,
I say order them S-Dawg
On a note of having the kitchen covered I seem to remember a naked Bernie in nothing but an apron, pretty sexy.

lucyj

Post by lucyj » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Ok has the order been made cos if not I saw Scout this afternoon and she said we don't absolutely need hats and that coloured (stripey or black) would be better for aprons and we could still print them? What thoughts? L

Catalina

Post by Catalina » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:25 pm

can i just say 'phew' to the no to hats? :)
'it's not a lie if you believe it' - George Costanza

Margarida

Post by Margarida » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:29 pm

double phew...
only when the clock stops does time come to life

AnneSof

Post by AnneSof » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:32 pm

phew+1

I suggest we customize the hats and aprons with different DIY patches (from collective and movements like coal action scotland, RAWA, etc. etc. or local bands...) rather than having them all labeled Forest :D

If we have to wear the bloody uniform, let's at least try to make it different...

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:28 pm

I got 15 white bib aprons from Nisbets - cheaper in bulk than Chefskit! They should arrive on Wednesday.

scoutwinter

Post by scoutwinter » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:35 pm

cheers swith
does anyone want to get creative with some kind of fabric dye before they all look "covered in shite"?

lucyj

Post by lucyj » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:53 am

Thanks Swithen. Thats great. L

Lien

Post by Lien » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Screenprinting with the Eat The Forest Logo !
x