neil

Behind the Scenes minutes 17/09/09

Post by neil » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Present:
Emma, Neil, Hannah (partially)

Agenda:
Shop, Newsletter, Money

Shop:

Magda has to go back home and is leaving in a week. She'll be back in a few months. See if we can find anyone to fill in cutting hair. Hanna will ask around. Or maybe we could have some other weird shit in the corner of the shop?

In August the shop made more money than ever. Box office got a bit lost in August madness. Hannah wants to restart the ticket selling & get Bowery involved

Hannah has system on the shop computer for tracking stock. Is working well. Hopefully she'll be getting more time to contact with artists. Hannah is basically running the shop now as Anna has vanished from the scene

Shop needs more volunteers sometimes when there are gaps in the rota due to sickness etc. Can Hannah send out email or something? Can she use the Forest Speaks email? Does anyone read it anymore? Or put message on the bb?

Newsletter:

We should be producing a newsletter to help keep people informed about the forest as there are a lot of funny theories floating about. Could it be an EVS project?

Neil would like to help with this but thinks he won't have time.

Money:

Forest is now officially running at a loss. This is very worrying. If we keep going this way, soon there will be no forest. People don't seem to realise the reality of the situation

Coming to end of financial year. Emma & Lynne cleaning up organisation of data & putting together reports

Admin computer is failing. New one available from Neil. Accounts backed up on Friday. Can be transferred to new comp if old one will boot

milk

Re: Behind the Scenes minutes 17/09/09

Post by milk » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:33 pm

In August the shop made more money than ever. Box office got a bit lost in August madness. Hannah wants to restart the ticket selling & get Bowery involved

what sold most during that period?

given The Ark failed to reciprocate their part of the deal by not advertising The Forest, we're not going to continue the box office association with them? are there any other possibilities other than The Bowery?

Hannah has system on the shop computer for tracking stock.

nice one. what format is it stored in? how does it work?

Anna has vanished from the scene

has she given a reason for not being around or is she uncontactable?

Can Hannah send out email or something? Can she use the Forest Speaks email? Does anyone read it anymore? Or put message on the bb?

i feel hannah needs to be pimping the volunteer mailing list. there are currently only 6 people subscribed. though yes, a one time mention on the forest speaks mailing list would be good.

to everyone: on forest speaks - people probably read it, and more people would probably read it if it was used and promoted more, but who is in charge of it? well, no-one really. it's the same as the website - if you want to get access to use the resource, ask on the bb or ask me and something will get sorted.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

dan

Re: Behind the Scenes minutes 17/09/09

Post by dan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:52 am

are there any other possibilities other than The Bowery?
you could do the whole roxy, that would be cool...
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose