both cave keys missing

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
milk

both cave keys missing

Post by milk » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:23 pm

both the cave key stored in the kitchen and in the crafty room have gone awol. emma brown (who isn't on the cave user list on the bb) was apparently in there last. the band trying to get in at 7pm was registered under Jake Pizaszanovich.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

ChaoticReality

Re: both cave keys missing

Post by ChaoticReality » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:44 am

No idea about the key kept in the crafty room, but I was the one who gave Emma the key from the drawer (she turned up and told me she was booked in, so I assumed she was a member. Nix: We need to get membership cards sorted ASAP) and I'll wager it's probably locked inside (a band did this last week as well).
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Key fob.

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:02 pm

Badabing Badaboom...keyfob!
It's like God's vagina!

milk

Post by milk » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:05 pm

i've not been in today - has this been sorted? who in general has keys for the cave? do we need more cut? has anyone shifted the master recently? nix? shane? cave make money. money good for forest. etc.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:12 am

milk wrote:i've not been in today - has this been sorted? who in general has keys for the cave? do we need more cut? has anyone shifted the master recently? nix? shane? cave make money. money good for forest. etc.
I've just checked and there's no key in the cave drawer so I guess this is still an issue. Nix definitely has his own key for the cave, I don't know about anyone else.

IMO, there should be a spare for every key (Cave, Action Room, Crafty Room, Hall) on a single keyring in the main key drawer. That way, if this happens again, one of the kitchen staff can open the rooms to see if they keys are locked inside.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

nix

Post by nix » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:21 am

Arghhhh!

I am on my way in now and I will sort this.

yes, membership cards. :oops:

ChaoticReality wrote:there should be a spare for every key (Cave, Action Room, Crafty Room, Hall) on a single keyring in the main key drawer. That way, if this happens again, one of the kitchen staff can open the rooms to see if they keys are locked inside.
not a great idea, as it will lead to some muppit (probably me) leaving all the keys to everywhere sitting in some stupid place...

all the keys to all the rooms are held by the Admins.. any problems like this and they can let you in to find the keys. (in theory).

:peace:

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:31 am

nix wrote: all the keys to all the rooms are held by the Admins.. any problems like this and they can let you in to find the keys. (in theory).
Who are the Admins?
Mike

milk

Post by milk » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:16 am

james and lynne. problem is that they're not around all the time, like when the incident noted in the first post of this thread happened..

membership cards that are handed to the km and returned when the cave key is returned would hopefully force cave users not to be dumb enough to lock the key in the room..

nix

Post by nix » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:28 pm

good idea with the cards!

found the key...

thanks.

James

Post by James » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:17 am

not in the kitchen
it will just get lost or be a prime candidate for lifting.
all KMs can also get to the key stash the admins are building up, so it is accessible most of the time
unfortunately, cave is not one we have yet ...

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:43 pm

key fob.