FLYERS - publicity!!!!!!!!

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
chris

FLYERS - publicity!!!!!!!!

Post by chris » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:10 pm

so...we got a load of awesome flyers! (5000 actually).

now we need to give them to people, and get them out there!!

heres how to do it:

* come get some flyers (dont take too many tho.. ) they are in the action room.

* walk around the streets, or go to bars, cafes, clothes shops, venues etc..

* approach the people you want to come (look nice etc.. no point giving the flyers to the police etc)

* basically, it is MUCH more effective to talk to people and say 'hey, we are having a massive 8th birthday party on the 8th of the 8th of the 8th, next Friday, its an 8 8 8 party! its gonna be crazy with lazers and paint and music (make it sound insane), please come, bring your friends etc...its free there will be dancing and etc...'

* then give them the flyers (if they want them)

* go drinking in the spiegel, meet people talk to them... etc.

* this is a great excuse to make new friends..

* bring back what you dont use...

Also, you can put 'little' piles (say 10) of flyers in cool places, record shops, cafes, cool, bars, hairdressers etc.. and individuals on tables in cafes and bars... however these flyers are normally ignored and/or thrown out... it is much better to give to people in person.. if you do put in piles, re-visit your locations in a couple of days and see if they are still there or gone....

yesterday, i stopped two people, told them about it.., they asked for more flyers for their friends, and one of them told me this was the first time she had ever been stopped and given a flyer for something she actually was pleased about and wanted to come to! (i am not making this up!)

nice xxx x x xxxxxxx Chris
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

Jane

Re: FLYERS - publicity!!!!!!!!

Post by Jane » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:28 am

On this note, WTCDTD are having half their fliers delivered DIRECT TO OUR DOOR...and half to london. They should arrive on wed/thurs. Yeaoch!
x
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

lucky

Post by lucky » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:49 am

Yes! Chris, this is totally how it should be done.

There's a depressing amount of wasted flyers laying on the floors of Edinbrgh and it's a ridiculous waste, and I dn't like them in general. But if you talk to people you can get them excited about it, and you can be excited about the space, and people will come and do cool things, and have cool parties, and do great dances. Yeah.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

chris

Post by chris » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:02 pm

flyers should be treated as gold-dust.. last night i took 30 to the official fringe opening festival party at the corn-exchange (it was super lame). i handed out 2, and came away with 28.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.