SKIP PERMIT NEEDED.

Front of House, garden etc.
ravanwin

SKIP PERMIT NEEDED.

Post by ravanwin » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:09 pm

Hello,

We need someone to get a skip permit asap. Like by the end of this week. it's real easy. you go down to the bottom of cockburn street. tell the people at the council office on the right hand side that the forest needs a permit. give them adress, number, etc and then they ask for money and then we get permit.

simple. a nice walk past all the goth kids. fun.

please can someone take this on?
r

beev

Post by beev » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:44 pm

I can probably do it tomorrow. When are we getting the skip?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:51 pm

try to get the permit for asap....

chris

Post by chris » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:55 am

did we get this? if so from when?
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

swithun

Post by swithun » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:55 pm

I think you got given some bogus info, Chris. I went down to see the dude and he wasn't the right dude. But he was very helpful and found a couple of other dudes who weren't the right dudes either. But they said it sounded like there wasn't much chance of us getting s skip permit for a number of reasons:

bus stop
Bordel du vin building work
upcoming embargo on skips

But they said that we could get someone with a truck to pull up, get filled up and drive off again, and this would probably turn out cheaper than a skip hire plus permit. Two firms do this sort of thing, 'Bill and Ben' and 'Dirty Work'. These cats are in the phone book, apparently.

It would have helped if I had known what we wanted the skip for exactly - how much crap we will have and whether we can dispose of it all in one go, or the work necessitates a slow trickle of crap. If we can do it in a oner, then a truck sounds good. I can help shift stuff, and the truck geezers will also help out.

What happens next?

chris

Post by chris » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:40 pm

we reaply to have a skip but for a shorter period of time.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:37 am

i had applied. we should have it by now. it is for the church doors. not forest front doors.

beev

Post by beev » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:00 am

Btw, the church doors are in the garden now. I couldn't find anywhere else to put them.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:47 am

what i meant: still rushed here but: before i left i applied for skip permit. important to noite that the permit ois for church doors not for forest entrance and therefore far enough from bus stop? understood?

good luck.
r

swithun

Post by swithun » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:26 pm

Ah I see. I was about to put the doors in the skip.

I talked to Chris last night. I'm going to phone the truck people just to get an idea of how much cheaper they would be than a skip (~150 quid). If they are much cheaper then it is worth the hassle of having to shift all the rubbish in one go. If it was bagged up and we had a human chain from the church hall to the front door, it would be quick and easy. Otherwise, I'm going to go down to the right office and see about getting a short and sweet permit.

Just so I have all the answers:

The bus stop isn't a problem as the skip will be outside the church doors.
Bordel du vin building is not using the street at all, so it makes no difference.
We want the skip to have been and gone by the time the Festival starts.

Anything else I can mention in our favour?

chris

Post by chris » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:05 pm

skip would be much easier....

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:41 pm

I phoned the council and the good news is that that are willing to give us a permit for this week, today until Friday. The bad news is that the skip has can only be outside between the hours of 09.30 and 15.30. So, we would have to have it uplifted each afternoon. I'm guessing that this would be a bit of a pain and an expensive one too.

I phoned Bill and Ben (the rubbish men) and they will come round today to look at the rubbish. Chris, could you let Shannon know what and where this famous rubbish is, so that she can let Bill and Ben see it so that they can give a quote.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:54 pm

the rubbish is all over the buidling... and needs to be sorted first. but we can start sorting this week.

maybe if they could come on wednesday wwe could have sorted it by then?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:03 pm

I think they want to come and have a look so they know what kind/how much rubbish we're talking about.

What shall I tell them?

chris

Post by chris » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:10 pm

show them the balconies and the church hall.

i think what we will do is move all the rubbish in to the church hall (under the balcony), then they can uplift from there... later in the week.

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:59 pm

Bill and Ben just phoned to say that they can't make it today, but will be round tomorrow (Tuesday) morning about 11. They want to get an idea of how much crap we have, so they know what kind of truck to send round and how long it will take to fill up.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:09 pm

Do I have a key for the balconies? Will anyone be around tomorrow morning?

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:29 am

At least as of last night, there's no lock on the left hand balcony door anyway.

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:44 am

Everything is now locked up, as I found when doing the rounds last night. Someone needs to be there who knows how to unlock these new fangled doors.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:39 pm

To my knowledge, Bill is the only person with a balcony key at the moment. He is not here. The trash guys also have not been.

swithun

Post by swithun » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:58 am

Pissflaps. Why is everything so complicated? Bill, can you phone Bill and Ben and arrange a time for them to come when you will be around to open the balcony? Their number is 07958 395260. You can tell them that you are the new Mr Crowe.

Thanks. There isn't much point me arranging a time for them when I don't know if they will have access.

TheCross

Post by TheCross » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:48 pm

chris has keys...

chris

Post by chris » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:31 pm

what the fuck is happening with this?

uplift of all this junk, is requred urgently...

can these bill and ben people come and sort this out?

mid next week or sooner..

THE RUBBISH IS UNDERNEATH THE ORGAN BALCONY IN THE CHURCH ONLY!!! NUTHING ELSE WILL BE RUBBISH>>

swith? r u on the case?

xxx

swithun

Post by swithun » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:36 pm

Can the flowerpot men get access to the church hall whenever they turn up? I'll be down later today and see if I can see how much rubbish there is, and then try to get these jokers to turn up and take it away.

chris

Post by chris » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:40 pm

yes.. it would be good to know when they are coming cos there will be more rubbish, but it as yet unsorted.

swithun

Post by swithun » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:47 pm

chris wrote: THE RUBBISH IS UNDERNEATH THE ORGAN BALCONY IN THE CHURCH ONLY!!! NUTHING ELSE WILL BE RUBBISH>>
yes.. it would be good to know when they are coming cos there will be more rubbish, but it as yet unsorted.
The thing is, they want to know how much rubbish there will be before they turn up. It sounds like someone who knows more about the work and rubbish than I do should be working on this. I've posted the number to ring.

chris

Post by chris » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:02 pm

if they come and look under the balcony then they can see.

sure there might be a bit more, but not that much more.

it would be great if you could do this. i have been in forest a lot the last week doing a lot of werk, and require a break for a little while.

it sounds like a not that hard thing to organize.

swithun

Post by swithun » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:26 pm

I phoned them after looking at the pile of crap. They said that they would come down between 11am and noon tomorrow to get an idea and then be back in the afternoon to take most/all away. They said that Saturday morning could also be a possibility if we still have too much rubbish.

If helpful people want to contact the cafe tomorrow lunchtime to see if/when they should come down to shift the crap, it would be great. The more people we have, the quicker we can get rid of this rubbish and the cheaper it will be for the Forest.

Even if we can't get rid of all the rubbish tomorrow, there is a booking for the hall Saturday at noon, so the hall has to be tidy by then.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:37 pm

There will be loads to help with tomorrow. Please - anyone who is around and free, stop by tomorrow early afternoon.

Aside from shifting the rubbish, we are also getting our beer delivery and the wine delivery. And probably lots of other things I'm forgetting right now.

Shall I post it to the speaks?

TheCross

Post by TheCross » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:12 pm

For sure, its a good way to get people involved.
xx

lucky

Post by lucky » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:06 pm

HUGE THANKS to everyone who came and mucked in, it's great to see a whole bunch of people up for doing this sort of work again!

'Bill and Ben, the Rubbish Men' are, indeed, rubbish. Meant to come between 9:30-10 and didn't turn up. Called at 10:30, he was still waiting for the driver to turn up with the van. No show for ages, and not answering the phone now.

They're being really lame, can we ask someone else - they're not being reasonable I feel.

There's people here for a class 12-5pm now. There's a whole host of rubbish me and a couple of people stashed to the side and covered with 'drapes' to make it pretty. Sort of. Not that pretty.

The dudes said if they didn't get here today it'll have to be Monday. No show still, it's not fair to disturb the class now so I'm going to aske them to come back monday.

I feel this is the best I can do now.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Thanks for taking care of it, Alex. I hope Caroline was alright? Fuck. A million thank yous. Sorry I couldn't be there.

BB clearly suck and tell fibs. Is there anyone else we can get in?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:28 pm

Bill and Ben are EVIL.

They will never come. Ever.

I have hired a skip for 10am on saturday morning. If you are alive and have arms then we need to have your help.

Please come. Tell everyone!

We only have till noon to get the skip full.

Please help.

ryan