Vollie party - Japan style (April 7th)

Shannon

Vollie party - Japan style (April 7th)

Post by Shannon » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:00 pm

The vollie party is in less than two weeks and it should be a big one. Karaoke, sake, and all the trimmings. So, we need to get cracking.

Swithun: is the machine secured off of freecycle? Do we need to get anymore discs?

Sake: where can we get it for cheap?

Jane is off poster duty for the month. Anyone want to take it on?

I'm thinking we should combine the idea of a big sit down meal with the party. My idea is to close the kitchen quite early on the day and cook up a massive miso soup, veggie sushi, and whatever else we might want. Start the meal around 7.30-8pm and let it progress into a party. I nominate myself and Alex (who'll be KMing) to make sure it happens, along with whoever else wants to volunteer. Gareth: are you a Japanese culinary expert?

We could try and get people to rsvp so we have an idea of how many we'll be cooking for. Sushi is tasty and not too expensive, so we could just put it in the volunteering/events budget and not worry about any of the fundraising business.

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:34 am

Yes, I spoke to the person the other day. They reminded me about a karaoke film - Duets. It would be a nice one to show at some point. It is about the desperate lives of karaoke hustlers in the mid-west. There is one memorable line: I am a little short of money right now, but I would consider it an honour to suck your cock.

We could get more CDG/DVD discs. Perhaps our DVD player can cope with CDGs. If not, we will have the player for the night, so can use them. If this is a success, then we can collect our own discs and get a CGD player.

I'm looking in to making my own CDGs/DVDs. CDGs are made from MP3+G - a normal MP3 file with pixel data hidden inside it. I can remove/minimise the vocals from a lot of normal songs. Most songs have the vocals in the centre, so you can split the stereo track and invert one channel so that anything common to both is canceled out. So, we shouldn't be stuck with the bog standard singalongs.

Caroline

sake

Post by Caroline » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:02 pm

hi ya
i looked a little into sake prices and so far it seems pretty expensive. peckhams will sell us a case of 12 bottles for 75 quid but they only have 15 bottles so if we want more we'll have to go else where. They also have japanese beer (yumyum), 24 bottles for 25-30 opunds, depending on which kind. Maybe the asian grocery and liquor store in tollcross would give a better deal. how many bottles are y'all thinking?

-caroline
))<>((

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:28 pm

asian grocery or the cash and carry.
tim or maybe trish can hook you up with a lift, perhaps?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:39 am

anybody doing a booze run? cash and carry cheap champagne is nice?
r