golden hour pay pal

ravanwin

golden hour pay pal

Post by ravanwin » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 pm

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JESUS SWEET BUDAH CAN WE PLEASE SORT OUT A PAY PAL BUTTON FOR THE GOLDEN HOUR WEB PAGE.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we spent a lot to make the book and we are sure it will sell if we tell people how to buy it!

r

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:55 pm

this is something i wanted to do for a while. heres a list of items in the shop which have no paypal button i.e. which are not purchasable through the homepage:

danseizure - lets not go out with...
ragland - seexons
dirk markham - psv3
miroslav mitrovic - songs of the future
umbrella mouth - electronic shopping
danSeizure Vs danAmbrose
danseizure - at home with
danseizure - in bed with...
dirk markham - psv2
dirk markham - advent
cmg - dont go midi
peter escott - live at the forest (actually priced at £ (GBP))
peter escott - 4 seconds ep
arctic circle - volume one
dirk markham - my definitions of country

that means, out of 22 items, only 7 have paypal buttons and can actually be bought.
gonna post this on publishing and shop threads too....
just gimme the forests paypal code and tell me how to add it to existing shop items.

beev, gaza, who got da kode?

also we REALLY REALLY should add ALL merch (frisbees, tshirts, signed fotos etc) to the shop....for that i would just need a foto of each, the prefered price (and that paypal CODE...!)

it seems especially important that we make all this available online as forest is again potentially facing a period of homelessness. im sure 4rest can exist as a non-physical entity (or at least a nomadic one - like a poltergeist occupying different host bodies) : please help confirm my hegelian ultimate idealism.....! : )
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:45 pm

ok so now i know where in admin to put the code so that a button appear in frontend. just not sure how to find/generate paypal button code specific for each item... ? please advise
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

chakan hislop

if you need this sorting out send me the info

Post by chakan hislop » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:49 pm

I can have it done in 3 days from brief being sent...
Incidentally you might want to look at installing a free shopping system which allows you to display product information more effectively, as importantly allows certain people to access backend system so they can upload new products themselves without having to add any code on to the site... this way you won’t have this problem again...

BTW Ryan i don’t know why you don’t just sort out a basic merchant account e.g. credit cards, as there always things that need to be bought online and this can cost as little as 20 pounds per month to run, not including the percentage the credit card company takes 3 to 5%...
Very useful for selling tickets, products and as importantly allowing people to make online donations for projects... taking these types of transactions might be very useful in the long run for lots of different reasons... also very easy to administer... over 5 billion pounds worth of products and services were bought leading up to xmas last year, cant see any reason why we cant use some of this to support the artists at the forest and invest in some more equipment for them, as well create a new source of funding for your artist bursaries...

Anyway in the meantime I can sort out the paypal thing so just let me know…