Gigs and Stuff

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
ravanwin

Gigs and Stuff

Post by ravanwin » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:29 pm

Hey,

seems the events / stage crew are short for mics upstairs. can we buy some cheap mics and keep them in a secure MIC box upstairs or something. I don't know if they get stolen / lost / broke but i think we only have 2 at the moment.

also: it seems the organazation of events could use some love and attention. ie we need people to look after the kit, help bands set up etc.... when is the last time anyone even looked at our drum kit?

maybe i am wrong and this stuff is being done but, fact is, it seems chaotic even to me and that's bad news.
r

chris

Post by chris » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:33 pm

we should have 4 mics upstairs... there is no point having cheap mics, probably they have been put in a stupid place.. i'll investigate tomorrow...
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

bill

Post by bill » Thu May 03, 2007 10:41 am

is there not a nice box of broken mics in the workshop which somebody could fix or we could take to be fixed?

petewylde

Kit upstairs

Post by petewylde » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:55 pm

there is only 2 working mics upstairs as I checked a band yesterday.

Another is up there but is is the one with the cable taped to it so it could equally be the cable that is broken. I can check this.

I really think it would be good to lock some mics away, especially for the festival. Buying some more would be good too.

We are having a cave meeting on Friday and it would be good if you could come cos I wanna discuss events (from a technical viewpoint) for festival time and also what we are doing with the cave equipment (the Church?).

Pete
Hit me up dee spam dagga bigtime

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:16 pm

i was thinking a series of well labled and lockable cubby holes (like our pigeon holes) could benifit all. People would find all the gear they need there, and would be encouraged to put it all back.

can we build this for side of the stage or behind the decks.

we need better systems.

r

beev

Post by beev » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:42 pm

Should we relocate the lockable metal cabinet from downstairs? Could hold the more valuable sound equipment, and maybe shop stuff as well.

Keys would be held by KM/NM, who I guess would have to ensure the shit goes back in there after it's done with. Or the sound person if there is one.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:47 am

maybe. but i think there is a better piece of kit out there and it woiuld be worth buying if we can't find it. first: think about where it would go and second think about all the stuff we need to put in it and how it needs to open / close and work and then we should build or buy it....
no?