CREATE. Idea for LARGE street art piece. Steamer needed

danny

CREATE. Idea for LARGE street art piece. Steamer needed

Post by danny » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:52 am

The long blue fence that runs along the edge of middle meadow walk to the meadows is plastered in festival posters at the moment. I like the idea of scraping off areas of poster to spell the word "CREATE" in GIGANTIC letters. Then later add "RE" to make it "RECREATE". Then it could become "RECREATION".
I scraped some off today with one of the video boxes and that wasn't so cool. A steamer would do the job nicely. Or several visits back and forth to Forest to get hot water? Hmmnn... There are natural gaps in the posters which will work for the letters "C" and "E" at the end. The letter E needs some extra material for the middle bitty, maybe some Forest literature or some environmental fliers.
It's got to be FUN though. Come and join me! I'm not sure if I'll even do it at all on my own. So C'mon! The more the merrier! Bring Music and Mellowness!

danny

And so we scraped

Post by danny » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:47 pm

So. Nana and me went down there with hot water, cloths and Free SHop videos to scrape off the shit. Looks like these videos are shit scrapers though. We need to come back at this with proper metal scrappy things.

Tom Findlay

local knowledge

Post by Tom Findlay » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:51 pm

The Quarter Mile people have a team who come round and scrape all this stuff off, I'm surprised they haven't done it yet...

Someone re-directed me here to view your project...

regards
Tom

danny

Scrapy scrapy

Post by danny » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:38 pm

Thanks for that Tom. You seem to have to scrape so hard that the paint comes off the fence. Those Quartermile people must use some sort of solution to scrape that stuff off.

Tom Findlay

Rip off wud be more appropriate...

Post by Tom Findlay » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:00 pm

The Quarter Mile site was sold off for a song to the Banks and their Developers, and the most famous living architect in the world Norman Foster's partnership are playing a design role.

This site cud have been given to the local housing associations to build dozens and dozens of flats for students and other folks on low income.

Instead its been optimised to create or is it recreate very expensive flats well out of the reach of mosts folks who live around the meadows. What the benefits to the local community might be is dozens and dozens of minimum wage jobs cleaning and table wiping.

An organised meadows community cud have stopped this overt greed and made the politicians and planners have a think and a rethink...

regards
Tom

bill

Post by bill » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:51 pm

any news on this danny?