forest widget for mac peoples

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
neil

forest widget for mac peoples

Post by neil » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:18 pm

Contemplating the nature and purpose of life, it occurred to me that what the world really needs is a forest dashboard widget so that Mac users can get the latest forest news pumped straight to their desktop.

If you use a Mac and you want forest news, let me know either here or in a pm and I'll send you the widget. Installation is a cinch!

If you don't know what this widget nonsense is all about, lookee here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2492

dan

Re: forest widget for mac peoples

Post by dan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:22 am

come on then, i ready for you
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:27 pm

if my laptop isnt totally wiped out ill give it a whirl. will it work on G4 0SX10.4?
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

neil

Post by neil » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:05 pm

I was trying to set it up on the G3s in the action room but wouldn't work. They're running 10.4.11, so I dunno if it would work for you Dirk. How many mega cycles is your G4 chip? If it's 867MHz or above, you could update to Leopard, which is a big improvement on Tiger. Will make your laptop useable if the hardware's ok.

Also discovered that the auto installation only happens if you download it with Safari. Firefox makes things more complicated. Dunno why.

dan

Post by dan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:54 pm

worked for me. Firefox too
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose