The Forest Programme 22-28 September

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Roman

The Forest Programme 22-28 September

Post by Roman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:45 pm

ALL EVENTS ARE 101% FREE

Monday 22nd September

6.30pm Let’s play with the ball

Do you wannna sweat? Do you wanna get hot? Do you wanna get dirty? Do you wanna with some balls? Come to the meadows at 6.30 to play football.

7.30pm Creative Writing Workshop

Indana took the liberty of writing up a proposal to the forest cafe for a full time writers group.We need writers, singer/songwriters, poets, short story technicians and the like in order to stimulate chat (it's not all going to be political), to develop the latent talents and critical perspectives of each participants writing ability through the use of either contemporary or archaic images outside the boundaries of ordinary thought.

9 pm Film Night “Betty Blue”

Director: Jean-Jacques Beineix
A shocking and offbeat story of two French lovers, Zorg and Betty, who fall into a deeply erotic and all-encompassing relationship.

Opinion : Betty Blue is a love story. It describes a feeling that we all have inside us I guess; the feeling that we want to change our lives into a beautiful romance, to improve ourselves, to find real love – in short to make our lives magical. But chasing a dream can be dangerous if we run too fast…
by Charlotte
Opinion : « J’aimerais que Béatrice mousse mon créateur »
by Olivier

Tuesday 23rd September

8pm Forest Drama Group (Crafty Room)

Forest Drama Group is waiting for you to participate in a project of Janapese Puppet Theatre – all people interested in acting, writing, setting the scene, playing music or giving feedback are encouraged to come and participate – we will make your dream play a reality!

Wednesday 24th September

7pm 78’s Jam by Kim

It is Kim with his Gramophone. Did you know ‘78s’ refers to the revolutions-per-minute of the record on the gramophone, and that 78 r.p.m. is quicker than your average record. What does this mean in terms of performance? I don’t know – I assume it makes everything sound like someone has just melted solid gold and dribbled it in your ear. If I have time, I’ll ask him.
JC

Thursday 25th September

7pm Visual Art Group Meeting (Action Room)

Are you interested in Visual Art? Do you want to run gallery? So Visual Art Group meeting is for you. This group constantly changes the face of the Forest by curating the visual arts gallery (Total Kunst), seeking artists to paint murals and maintaining the aesthetics of Forest front of house down to the smallest detail from flowers to sofa covers. All artists are welcome to attend and are free to help change The Forest on a regular, never-ending cycle.

Friday 26th September

9pm The New Gametes
Live music original songs.

http://www.myspace/thenewgametes

This group reminds me of Arcade Fire. Brittany and Kirsten claim only to have two regular guitars, a Bass guitar (Played by Malcolm Spasm) and a voice, but I’ll swear I can hear a violin. Or maybe that’s just the syphilis getting comfy in my frontal lobe. Either way, my Arcade Fire connection remains; like one, like ‘em both.

JC

Saturday 27th September

7pm Jack Black
Spoken word poetry with music by local poet

Awareness

You are not your mood. You are not the form manifesting right now. All of it is just circumstance. Conditioning. There is nothing wrong with your material self. Nothing wrong with expressions of the body, pleasures of material life. And there is nothing wrong with negativity. It is just a condition, a state of affiars. It is our judgement that causes pain, our assessment of the situation, our attachment to events. . .

More: http://www.myspace.com/ramblinjackblack

9pm The Peas + 2 Extra bands

The Peas is a band. Probably. We don’t actually know because they’re unable to respond to emails. Thus, also, we don’t know if they’re any good. They might be. Does disorganisation indicate musical talent? Do goatees indicate virility and sexual prowess? I like to think so. Come along and listen.

If you’ve got space you need to fill, put this in and blame Olivier:

You might smile – you might weep with bitter regrets about the hour of your life you’ll never see again. No guarantees – this is Life. This is the Forest. Si tu n’aimes pas ce groupe, tu peux poncer et mousser mon createur. Ma douce.

JC

Sunday 28th September

7pm The Weather Undergrounf Open marmalade

Osama Bin Bush plays acoustic guitar with the help from a fen close friends. George killer Bush and Tony cock sucking blair Jion Him. More Music than twin towers could fall to. Bring some dynamite!!!

By T

Programme team:

Ida Mederos, Marian Renau, Roman Tskhovrebadze, Nerea Pereira, Olivier Ligot and Jonathan Cameron.

ALL EVENTS ARE 101% FREE

---------------------------
"Don't trust anyone over thirty" - Jerry Rubin

milk

Re: The Forest Programme 22-28 September

Post by milk » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:29 am

what e-mail do yous want the programme@theforest.org.uk address sent to? or would you prefer an actual account with web page access you could share the login details for?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku