spiritual forest

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
spark

spiritual forest

Post by spark » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:38 pm

:idea: Are there any people out there, in there, or simply there, who are interested in a universal meditation session?
Meditation is one of the most dynamic things we can do. It is also a way to change the world. Far more so than most think. Change the self to change the world even. Without getting all religious.
There are few places where you can go and meditate with others without having to pay. I would like to think that "the forest" would support such a group without financial aspects being applied.( :?: )
All too often these days, there is this EG, £2 donation, which is not a donation at all, but a charge. :?

There used to be a full moon meditation. It sounds like a good idea to have a meditation once a month in the hall.
The smaller room downstairs in the hallway would also be a possibility if the numbers were not too many. Also easier to heat.
I am willing to offer some guidlines for the half hour before even, though, there are surely enough of you out there who would be intersted in just comming and doing your own thing.
Is anyone out there, let us know.
LOVE IS CHANGING EVERYTHING

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:00 pm

Depending on numbers, it could fit in the soon-to-be 'Action/Workshops' room. If you are interested in starting a workshop, it generally needs to be discussed in the 'Action' working group. This is at 4pm on the second Sunday of the month. Or, you can come in and speak to me or Ras.

Workshops require coordinators/someone to organise/be responsible for things. This generally involves being a contact for those interested, arranging a poster to advertise the workshop in the Forest and keeping things up to date.

spark

Post by spark » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:43 pm

Cheers, will think, but not too much. 8)

spark

the meek and the predators

Post by spark » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:53 pm

Spiritual Forest has received an email from the "MEEK" who will "INHERIT THE EARTH". They confirm that they "don't fit in" to this ever increasingly competitive predatory orientated world.
They also confirmed however that they will indeed receive the world and that as time goes on now, we will see those who compete against their fellow people "losing", those who shut others out and put them down will find themselves "shut out", and those who have power, losing it to those who don't.
In other words, the peaceful creatures of the Forest will roam freely without fear of being eaten, attacked, pushed out and put down, ruled over IE bullied by competitive types and/ or those with a predatory nature.
Predators tend to lurk and skulk in the background and may not be as competitive as we think, more sly perhaps. They tend to pick on gullible passive prey than something that is likely to fight back. Cowards.
They may then tell the prey that they do not compete enough, hence they are getting nowhere. A clever method of justifying their own predatory behaviour?.
The MEEK don't skulk, they will be transparent and simply too humble to self promote. Self promotion lacks self respect. Self promotion may be something we have been taught, by predators. It no doubt breeds negative ego.
Putting the self forward is not in harmony with co operation, though that may depend on our motives, or, the consciousness in which we do it. In order to take part, there needs to be movement in a certain direction.
Co operation will defeat competition. The MEEK will see the need to co operate in a selfless way, while predators only have one gear, that of me me me. Meekness and humility are obviously linked.
A predator may die if it has compassion or love, it cannot afford such VIRTUES if it CHOOSES to live at the expense of others. A non sustainable way of life. Predators may organise co operation in order to capitalise upon it.
We are all responsible therefore, for our own thoughts words and actions. What are the chances that these do indeed come back home to roost sooner or later?
The future world will be one where all souls benefit and not just a few.
Peace

beev

Post by beev » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:46 pm

Many of the faults you see in others, dear reader, are your own nature reflected in them. As the Prophet said, 'The faithful are mirrors to one another'.

- Jalaluddin Rumi (1207-73)