Search found 546 matches

by simone
Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 27190

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

bump
we now have one month til the paperwork for the festival needs to go in, we could do that at next meeting or is that better done online as it was last year?
what about putting a call out for submissions?
by simone
Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:12 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 11028

Re: FIXING/to do

well done mirja
i shall try and do the right hand one on thurs
by simone
Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:03 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 11028

Re: FIXING/to do

hmmmm yes we need to do the DIY stuff in between shows in order to reduce collateral damage! no idea what happened to the curtain, we need some new material which i could try and get next week from fabricland. maybe someone got rid of it to make us get a new one!! not me i promise glad blinds are wo...
by simone
Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:56 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 87141

Re: The Gallery Calendar

i have contacted ice cream guy (aka william alexander) about the may slot, so i await his reply.
by simone
Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:19 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 27190

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

i am afraid i can't think of anything, should we put a call out? we need this sorted out relatively soon as the info needs to be sent to the EAF for 8th march and it would be good to have more info to send them than last year! if we put a call out we could have a get together to look at submissions ...
by simone
Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:16 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 30864

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

should we let cornelia know then not to come til the feb meeting?
is that ok cornelia?

also i will not be able to come to the meeting this month
apologies
by simone
Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:13 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 87141

Re: The Gallery Calendar

could someone e mail me an e mail address for the ice cream van man please
thanks
by simone
Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:58 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 87141

Re: The Gallery Calendar

good news for TK31
i am going to contact the ice cream guy then this week for TK32 as no one has blocked it!
by simone
Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:57 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 30864

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

i am concerned about there already being quite a few things to talk in january (postcards, promotion, adam burton). i think the 10 year stuff may be worth talking about at the next meeting in feb when we talk about submissions, which it fits in better with. what do other people think?
by simone
Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:14 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 27190

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

not yet
i am not keen on the group show idea i'm afraid. i think we should be reducing stress on ourselves in the festival not give ourselves more.
it needs to involve something good for the art late event
by simone
Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:21 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 30864

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

mirja to talk about postcards to sell from previous show in gallery.
it is worth noting here that the shop is changing to become a hair salon and massage corner, they will only have a few things for sale in the corner, may be worth talking to magda or alex first about this.
by simone
Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009
Replies: 8
Views: 9333

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

i contacted connie viney about her cake proposal, she has not got back in contact with me as yet
by simone
Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:16 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 27190

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

the deadline for putting in our proposal for the EAF is march 8th
just the last festival slot to go!!
by simone
Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:13 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 30864

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

the gallery is nearly booked for the year already cornelia so if you and the group want to put a proposal in i would do it before the meeting in feb when we are looking at proposals. it would be good to be involved and show some of tk has been doing in that time i think.
by simone
Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:10 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 87141

Re: The Gallery Calendar

fine by me mirja
by simone
Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:20 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 87141

Re: The Gallery Calendar

shall we have a deadline for filling this slot? the next meeting? if we leave it til feb it may be too late to fill it, but then it means going through submissions at the january meeting which will make it too long. any ideas?
by simone
Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:58 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 30864

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

so for january meeting does anyone have anything to bring up apart from promotion, which i am assuming is what mirja and ilaria want to talk about? i think that we should not do submissions as well as the last meeting ended up being a marathon, so could we do submissions in february to check everyth...
by simone
Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:48 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 87141

Re: The Gallery Calendar

TK 31
stephen did the guys confirm yet about whether they will take the cruel month of april?

TK32
can i contact the ice cream guy and offer him this slot? if no one disagrees with this i shall contact him next week!!
by simone
Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:29 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Christmas dinner on wednesday the 23
Replies: 7
Views: 4754

Re: Christmas dinner on wednesday the 23

happy christmas and new year everyone
love simone
by simone
Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:19 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009
Replies: 8
Views: 9333

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

what are peoples thoughts about the ice cream guy?
see above
by simone
Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:18 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: action day
Replies: 3
Views: 3315

Re: action day

no lets try and get a date we can all do, how about the 17th?
by simone
Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:44 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: action day
Replies: 3
Views: 3315

action day

so
let's book a date for the first edition of the logos in 2010
how about sunday 10th january? we had originally suggested for the next one to make a sculpture form things found at the car boot sale. do you still fancy doing this? we could meet at 11:30 at the car park entrance on leith st.
by simone
Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:28 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009
Replies: 8
Views: 9333

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

thanks stephen i don't know wether to state a specific time or leave it to the discretion of the night managers. maybe 8pm? they are usually fairly busy setting up when the come in at 7pm. if we are at the forest on weekend nights and happy to invigilate then it can stay open. and also for closing p...
by simone
Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:53 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009
Replies: 8
Views: 9333

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

i know i sound like a broken record but could someone make sure they put on the night managers forum about the blinds in the gallery. we have installed blinds in the gallery in order that at weekends when it is busy and people sometimes go a little crazy, that the gallery can be shut off. in recent ...
by simone
Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:47 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Front of House rejoining Visual Arts?
Replies: 10
Views: 7495

Re: Front of House rejoining Visual Arts?

it was decided at a va meeting earlier in year to make foh seperate as people at the meeting were generally only interested in the gallery side of things and then people who wanted to foh were bored or left after foh had been discussed. this makes for a disjointed meeting. as far as i can remember i...
by simone
Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:35 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009
Replies: 8
Views: 9333

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

i have just relooked at his paintings and i really like them, they appeal to the fact that geography was always my favourite subject at school! i would like to offer him a slot as the majority of us were happy with his work. maybe we could offer him TK32, the may slot? i would be happy to be his con...
by simone
Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:30 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: A personal query: 'organic' dentist?
Replies: 4
Views: 3364

Re: A personal query: 'organic' dentist?

i think that white fillings are better for you, as they don't contain the metal....but they are more expensive, hence why they use the amalgam instead. i remember seeing a programme years ago about how the metal goes in to the body and into unborn babies too. not good here is some more info, don't g...
by simone
Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:19 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 87141

Re: The Gallery Calendar

at the map meeting it was discussed that culturerobot would use the map project to gain information and then need a show to exhibit the final work. he needs to know early on about dates to get funding to travel from croatia. it was thought that the dates 6th sept - 3rd oct would be suitable, esp as ...
by simone
Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:15 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 30864

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

as the last thursday of this month is new years eve i think we can safely say we will not be having a meeting this month! we will have a meeting on the 10th (action room booked) instead to talk about the festival and also go through submissions. i don;t think we should book in any of the submissions...
by simone
Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:08 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 27190

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

i think it is a typing error about the 8th so could you change it on the calendar please ..... thanks
at the meeting i remember talking about all shows starting on a sunday
by simone
Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 87141

Re: The Gallery Calendar

it may be that that is when they are taking down? they are from london. i am sure that it is supposed to be the sunday. if they do take down on the saturday then we could do some cleaning etc in the gallery on the sunday. naomi will need to check this.
by simone
Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:16 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 27190

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

yep...8-21st aug
we decided to give him the busy central slot as a good show
and go for 3 x 2 weeks shows
by simone
Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:20 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 27190

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

there is a seperate section on the bb for minutes in the top notice board section for future reference
by simone
Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:02 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 27190

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

any offers from anyone to take on the festival promo?

stephen could you forward me any e mails relating to the festival please, or do you want to put them in a folder in the tk e mail that i could check weekly or something?
by simone
Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:13 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 27190

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

this is the information for next years festival from joanne brown: Dear one and all, First of all, may we take this opportunity to thank all of you for your contributions to the 2009 Edinburgh Art Festival. Your hard work and curatorial expertise added up to one helluva summer programme of visual ar...
by simone
Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:48 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 30864

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

of course we will make a decision about bernard.
get well soon
love simone
by simone
Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 37805

Re: promotion promotion

i suggest that we print some of these out at the meeting on thurs
can someone remind me in case i forget i have suggested this
by simone
Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:39 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 87141

Re: The Gallery Calendar

i can't believe that you have suggested getting people to write on the walls again mirja........!
by simone
Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:04 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: It's just a goodbye :)
Replies: 6
Views: 3834

Re: It's just a goodbye :)

good luck elodie
thanks for all your help
by simone
Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:20 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 87141

Re: The Gallery Calendar

i think we should stick to the original dates that we offered him. i always worry that it makes us look bad when we change dates with people.
is there any other slots that we could offer the other person mirja instead?
by simone
Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:17 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: New Admin person
Replies: 4
Views: 3039

Re: New Admin person

welcome
have fun
by simone
Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:31 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 37805

Re: promotion promotion

i think it would be good if we all took responsibility for 2-3 venues to put posters up now that we have the one month shows, if we start small. places where we go ie work or school or forest, then we can choose more places in the future. at least it means we get the posters up regularly and people ...
by simone
Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:21 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Visual Arts Working Group meeting Thurs 28th October 2009
Replies: 2
Views: 5139

Re: Visual Arts Working Group meeting Thurs 28th October 2009

with regards to the next batch of submissions that we need to look at (sometime in december?) i have contacted 4 people who have sent us paper submissions and informed them we will be in contact in the new year.
please remind me i have them when we have the meeting!!
by simone
Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:59 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: the next logos
Replies: 7
Views: 5608

Re: the next logos

boo, will we ever find a weekend we can all do? we could always do the car boot separately and then meet up but the car boot will be the fun bit?! what about the following sunday (22)? i have to go to work at 1 but would like to help find awkward objects for you to use in the piece! thanks for the t...
by simone
Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:09 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 37805

Re: promotion promotion

mirja, do you have a poster for promo for the next show yet?
if so could you post it here so i can print some out for distribution
thanks
by simone
Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:06 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: the next logos
Replies: 7
Views: 5608

Re: the next logos

i'm not free on a sunday til the 15th november.....can other people do that date, if so we should book it in our diaries now!
i like the idea of car boot as long as not too early, i like my archers omnibus! 11.30? i think it is on til 1.....not 100% sure
by simone
Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:30 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: the next logos
Replies: 7
Views: 5608

the next logos

so i think that it is high time for a new logos and considering the success of the last painting one i suggest a sculptural edition. (you can get your own back mike!) i thought we could maybe go out and gather found objects and create a logos that we then donate to the city at a location of our choi...
by simone
Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:26 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Rear projection after hours in the gallery
Replies: 44
Views: 27080

Re: Rear projection after hours in the gallery

it does look great but it does depend on what show is on in the gallery at the time and if the artist is happy for this to happen. there is a show that is booked already for that weekend in the gallery and mirja is the contact person for the artist involved so a decision would need to go through her...
by simone
Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:21 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Artist for the toilet.
Replies: 33
Views: 19641

Re: Artist for the toilet.

yes, a happy mural for the grim toilets would be great