MIK QUANTIUS & DAGORA gig for September

Shannon

MIK QUANTIUS & DAGORA gig for September

Post by Shannon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:46 pm

I know this is jumping the gun a bit, but a friend from Amsterdam contacted me today looking to play in Forest in September. They are looking for a gig on September 19th of 21st. Is there an events book for beyond September?

Here's the description:

MIK QUANTIUS is a vocalist from germany, and is probably known best for his vocal work with german prog/kraut rockers Embryo. Since a few years he has also been doing amazing solo performances and just released a killer solo record. his solo work consist of improvised vocal work combined with keyboards that he not only plays with his hands but also with his shoes, and more crazy percussion. this tour he will be playing shows with Thomas Hopf on percussion and possibly another guest.

http://www.myspace.com/mikquantius
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHpf2PuO5AU

Experimental improvised music ensemble “DAGORA” from amsterdam exists of 3 mainpeople and a lot of guests. Two drummers and peter quistgard's circuitbend kidstoys,keyboards and synths. this all makes for heavy wash
of cymbals and crazy drums combined echoed vocals and loads of space sounds. It's almost like a tibetan noise group. For this tour they will be joined by Manuel Padding from denhaag on vocals, who is known for doing noise
project "city hands" and running tape label "silver ghosts". Dagora has just released a double lp on toztizok zounds record label from amsterdam.

Shannon

Re: MIK QUANTIUS & DAGORA gig for September

Post by Shannon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:08 pm

I asked them to email events@theforest.org.uk but apparently it is bouncing...

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:44 am

My friend Rogier just asked about again about a gig on the 19th of September. Is it free? Is the events email address working now??

Rcbrks

Post by Rcbrks » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:05 pm

im taking care of it