meeting with Infoseed dudes

swithun

meeting with Infoseed dudes

Post by swithun » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:27 am

Jay from Infoseed sent this out last night:
Several new and old members of the infoseed volunteers group are meeting this Thursday 14th December, from 7-9pm for a discussion on how to move the area forward, to make sure its potential isn't wasted and to try and intergate more with the rest of The Forest volunteers, activities and projects.

If you have an interest in helping run the infoseed and may be able to volunteer some time, resources or ideas... please come along and give your views ...Ooo and brings some biscuits ;)
They want to finalise the sharing of the internet among other things, so if someone who knows about these things and can make descisions can turn up, it would be great.

If no one has been down recently, the place looks awesome. They have the biggest poster of Malcolm X, like, ever.

beev

Post by beev » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:53 am

I would like to be at this meeting, especially as I was involved in discussions about the internet sharing. We have business & admin meeting at 7pm on Thursday, but maybe I could join the infoseed meeting later on. Perhaps the internet connection could be discussed towards the end of the meeting...?

swithun

Post by swithun » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:56 am

10-4 good buddy.

chombee

Post by chombee » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:28 am

Who had has permission to make the decision about the Internet connection? Does it fall under the remit of this working group (which would actually have to do the work), or the forest working group?

Also, what are the other things that infoseed want to ask about? Be good to know so we could find out beforehand what we'd have to do to get permission for them.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

swithun

Post by swithun » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:51 am

If I see Tom or Jay or hear from others, then I'll pump them for details.

I think Tom is happy to do any work - he has the CAT-5 for linking the router to downstairs.

beev

Post by beev » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:48 pm

Forest wg should make the decision.

swithun

Post by swithun » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:38 pm

I've posted stuff in FoH, Community and Grants to cover the various topics that Infoseed want to discuss:
  • providing a bigger table for the computers upstairs
  • putting up poster and leaflet/disc box upstairs
  • decorating in basement corridor
  • fruitful overlap with Community WG
  • video editting facilities - possible team up with Grants
Hopefully people with ideas/advice can attend, or post their ideas/advice.