Fundraiser next week needs acts

HGiles

Fundraiser next week needs acts

Post by HGiles » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 am

'REFORESTATION' Save the Forest fundraiser

if you are a musician, performer, actor, poet, DJ, in a band, please let us know
we have two possibilities either:

Medina on FRIDAY 16th [we could use the venue for free. there are already two acts playing, organised by the new manager, Ed Stacks. it is a friday night therefore should attract many. it is near the forest so we can put a big temporary sign on forest cafe to say 'turn the corner to bring us back to life!' this venue is under new management and seems to be taking a new turn in life, so it's cool to support it]

or Bongo on SUNDAY 18th. this would be a completely different vibe, if we could fill it, amazing, but .. The venue hire is £250 [which is a big sum of money for this short notice, hence why medina is more tempting at this late notice.. it would be super to hold a big night here but its not worth doing if not enough people come. . therefore i think the better option is Medina unless if there are loud enthusiastic responses soon :)]

it is the university's 'freshers' week still for both these nights, so hopefully we'll get lots of them along but we'd need a decent line up of people and at the moment we havent had many confirmations

Please share your thoughts and let us know if you can perform! Contact darlajoyrita@gmail.com

Darla

Stephen

Re: Fundraiser next week needs acts

Post by Stephen » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:34 am

Medina Definitely,

As to acts it is quite short notice, might be good to know what is confirmed already to try to suggest something suitable, like is it a juggling night? Well you get what i mean i hope

boletes

Post by boletes » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:48 pm

Medina.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:01 pm

I know a juggler

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

darla

Post by darla » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:55 pm

Hokey pokey, need to make a decision, so MEDINA it is, for the first night of reforestation

FRIDAY 16th from 7pm.

So far we've got
DIGITAL JONES
BENEFICIAL
hopefully MACHINE ROOM

then from 11 SOUL KITCHEN are playing, but more DJs welcome!

It's going to be an eclectic mix of music, but that's in the spirit of forest! More performers needed so pleeease ask your friends and write up here or email me when you know. Even if you can't make it for this night, we're planning on doing a few reforestation nights so get in touch.

And a juggler for sure... to do a performance or just to be there?

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:37 pm

sounds like a good night already.

Just talked to Ed about the venue and things, might be good to have coffe/meeting with Darla, hi there, at some point as well, if you are up for it, get a small events promo team together to work on various nights and promotion networks etc.
As for acts it seems like 3 bands and a club night is quite a lot already, might be good to have side events happening on the evening as well?

The juggling thing was kind of a joke, just wasn't sure what you had planned.

Hope to meet soon.

Lien

Post by Lien » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Up for helping, on the night or for the promotion of the event.
Let me know if needed :)

Lien

miguel

Post by miguel » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Hiya
Our band The Irresistible Urges would be interested in playing future Reforestation or other benefits for good causes.
We have played The Forest numerous times over last number of years. Check us out on Facebook (new songs posted and new page--like us if you like) or reverbnation.com--
Email me:
miguel@phonecoop.coop
if opportunities arise to see if we can take forward.
Peace @ love
Salut
Miguel for
The Irresistible Urges

darla

Reforetation Tuesday 27th- needs acts

Post by darla » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:50 pm

hello!

sorry..there have been numerous confusions but we now have a confirmed event, soon to be on main website,

reforestation
Tuesday 27th September
at Medina

4-7= alternative freshers' fair - fpr this it'd be amazing to have lots of Foresty stands e.g. Old Hat Books, Snip n Sip, Zine fair, Comic book creators (not sure of names) etc etc. Others there shall be Hearty Squirrel Food Co-op, Anarchists, P&P, Edinburgh Rascal, Paradok Theatre etc. More Forest things is really important as one of the main reasons of this fair is to invoke passion for Forest amongst new folk who have been unfortunate enough to miss it.

7-9= Comedy, Music, Theatrics - jugglers, performers, musicians.. this is more acoustic and performance

9-3= Bands, DJs, Disco, Dance - more dancey music

Please let us know if you can perform or have friends who would suit any of the above slots.

It's impossible to recreate Forest but we can try and it'd be amazing to get that vibe for this night so that people feel immensely passionate about saving it and donating money!!

Let us know asap,

x darla

miguel

Post by miguel » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Hiya Darla
The Irresistible Urges might be available.
Let me know what is happening please re' this one or future events.
Email me again if possible to take forward.
Best wishes
Miguel