'VOLUNTEER' deco above the kitchen-speak before this Sunday!

Front of House, garden etc.
arizoniandreamer

'VOLUNTEER' deco above the kitchen-speak before this Sunday!

Post by arizoniandreamer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi there!

So Front of House is in action again!

The first mission is to make a banner (don't freak out: no cheesy colors, no too normal stuff and no clocks involved..:P) - saying the word: VOLUNTEER - above the kitchen (where the big white blank space is now). The request came from the kitchen managers+margarida+keni (correct me if not).

So Alba and me had the idea of make the letters out of objects (such us cups, leftovers, lighters, random beautiful and ugly stuff what you can usually find on a table...well to be honest this can be anything looking at my table just now...not mentioning the tables at the forest...:)). So we want to glue these objects in the shape of the letters on a wooden board (we have some in the hall) and hang it above the kitchen.

The idea is mainly coming from the works of an artist I love, Daniell Spoerri. You can check out some of his works here http://www.google.com/search?q=rubbish+ ... 48&bih=595 to get an idea what I'm talking about.

What we need to make this thing happen:

- Tell us what you think before Saturday night
- materials:
wood (we have to check the exact size but I assume that we have something at the hall that would do)
glue pistol (anyone has a spear one? or if not can we buy one?)
lot's of random objects (from flowers to napkins, weird things, preferably not too big ones: we can get these from freeshop, forest, eca bin and maybe sunday market for some special stuff...)
- a space where we can work on it (balcony?)
- a handy man (Jamie? :)) who can help us to cut the wood to the perfect size and put it up above the kitchen when it's ready.

p.s: If you have anything that would like to see up there, please give it to us.

THX
Kata+Alba

Margarida

Re: 'VOLUNTEER' deco above the kitchen-speak before this Sun

Post by Margarida » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:07 pm

arizoniandreamer wrote: glue pistol (anyone has a spear one? or if not can we buy one?)
hot glue?
there's one in the workshop room, i used it last saturday to make the cake stands.
Also THANK YOU FoH. I love this idea, you rock :D
only when the clock stops does time come to life

gaia

Post by gaia » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Not too sure about having leftovers hanging from the wall. If you mean the final result too look a bit like this, well... to be honest, if I were a costumer I wouldn't want to have to look at that while I eat. Unless you think that it will compel them to clean up after themselves, hehe.

alba

Post by alba » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 pm

No, I think that the top remains that we leave, it will be some wine in a cup, if we can get this ...
I do not think this is so nasty:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XGRuWHKjPfk/S ... 92-Sev.jpg

Alba

brittonie

Post by brittonie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:38 pm

Bulk Glitter and LEDs
wet, dirty and dangerous.

Margarida

Post by Margarida » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:18 pm

brittonie wrote:Bulk Glitter and LEDs