Hard Rock Monday in June

swithun

Hard Rock Monday in June

Post by swithun » Mon May 16, 2011 2:33 pm

Could someone see if Monday 13th is free in the evening, please? If it is free, could you put HRM in from 7 until 1 (or as late as we can easily go)? If there is a film that night, can it be postponed? Everyone seems to want a HRM, and it has to be a Monday really.

Do we know who will be KMing that day yet? It would be nice to serve the 11 different nachos all day. I can't get to the Forest until 7pm on the nite, but I can explain everything to the KM beforehand.

There will hopefully be 1 or 2 bands, so we will need a sound engineer.

Could the person making the Funny Bones order make sure that we're well stocked up on tortilla chips? If Funny Bones do blue chips, could we get half a dozen bags? If not, I'll get all the Real Foods has to offer. I think Funny Bones do tacos. Could, say, 50-100 taco shells, be ordered too, please?

Are a few volunteers happy to work until 1, or as late as possible if before 1?

Margarida

Re: Hard Rock Monday in June

Post by Margarida » Mon May 16, 2011 3:22 pm

Leaving to Portugal the next day but I don't care: signing up for a 7-as late as needed on that night :D !

Yes, Hard Rock Monday!!! :D :D
only when the clock stops does time come to life

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Mon May 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Swith, I came up with an all new all purpose nacho dish, a conceptual molecular number I call The Chemical Kosh.
The idea rings sound but the execution might be beyond my science
The ingredients:
Na (Sodium)
C ((Carbon)
H (Hydrogen)
O (Oxygen)
S (Sulphur)
this I understand might prove volatile, poisonous or impossible but the same could be said for at least two of the eleven dishes on the previous menu.
A song for your playlist
Sellotape – Nacho Eyes
Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9gav54ilfq5yl0v
Pep Up The Turmoil

gaia

Post by gaia » Mon May 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Jimmy Bastard wrote:Swith, I came up with an all new all purpose nacho dish, a conceptual molecular number I call The Chemical Kosh.
The idea rings sound but the execution might be beyond my science
The ingredients:
Na (Sodium)
C ((Carbon)
H (Hydrogen)
O (Oxygen)
S (Sulphur)
This must happen. We need to take Hard Rock Monday to the next level after all, after the burnt chili bio-hazard last August.

Catalina

Post by Catalina » Mon May 16, 2011 4:31 pm

June 13th was free and is now booked for HRM!
We don't know who is going to KM yet but I'll make sure to pass on the order info.

Nacho power!
'it's not a lie if you believe it' - George Costanza

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon May 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Thanks, Catalina. Now the date is fixed, I can chase some bands.

There is all this talk of molecular cuisine these days (Erika was even telling me about a molecular cocktail mixologist). If there are any sulphurous odours emanating from the Forest in the near future, it won't be the jakeys pinching a loaf, but our top boffins trying to split the nacho.

gaia

Post by gaia » Mon May 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Can we have vegan cheese? (And please spare me the horrified comments)

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon May 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Is there any good vegan cheese? I tried Sheeze, and it was truly a disservice to veganism. I do miss the salty unctuous illusion of happiness.

gaia

Post by gaia » Tue May 17, 2011 7:48 pm

I heard very good things about this one but I haven't try it yet as I don't really care about vegan substitutes for animal-derived food and I don't miss them - but I think that vegan cheese would add a fun factor to the nachos.
I tried Cheezly and Sheese once and didn't think they were that bad, they're not as good as the best cheese I've had but definitely better than the worst I've had (I've had many encounters with nasty plastic mozzarella in my pre-vegan days).

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed May 18, 2011 12:01 am

Cant wait for this, is the day I,m back from sweden, see you all then.

Margarida

Post by Margarida » Wed May 18, 2011 11:56 am

only when the clock stops does time come to life

lucyj

Post by lucyj » Wed May 18, 2011 4:50 pm

I recently tried sheeze "mozzerella", as a grated topping, not great texture really but we can get various vegan cheeses from green city with enough warning....might be better to just pick it up from real foods though. I used sheeze cheddar which was a better texture and taste i think but that was inside a dough....any other suggestions?

looking forward to this legendary event! Lucy

swithun

Post by swithun » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:13 pm

The fateful night is drawing near. Could the KM who makes the Funny Bones order get in plenty of tortilla chips, please? And a good supply of taco shells - 50 at least. If more is cheaper, then they can keep for the August outrage, or get used for some other meal. Thanks.

I'd like to do some chilli baking over the weekend. I imagine that the place will be quiet, with the Meadows Festival and the nice weather.

gaia

Post by gaia » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:20 pm

hey, bridget here =x well the cafe is gonna be closed till 3 on saturday and sunday 'cause of the meadow's festival, so don't bother trying to come in before then. ^_^; also you may want to bring a few extra tubs for the chilli and whatever other toppings you wanna make as we don't have a lot of them in the kitchen atm

swithun

Post by swithun » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Roger that x2.

Thanks.

lucyj

Post by lucyj » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi I'm going to be km on the 13th ... I'll check out funnybones for blue chips and taco shells at the start of next week and let you know. I am a complete HRM novice so I would love some help with the 11 types of nachos........ill be in tomorrow from 2 so if you want to do some chilli cooking swithun you can get in then, it's certainly been quiet during the day and maybe you could give me the gen!! Lucy

swithun

Post by swithun » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:46 pm

Coolio. I'll be there at 2 and fill you in. Thanks for remembering the blue chips. I had a look in Real Foods the other day, and they didn't have any. So if Funny Bones have any, it would be great.

swithun

Post by swithun » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Menu and instructions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swithun

Post by swithun » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Google is a fan of HRM. The number one slot:
google_position.png
The Hard Rock Cafe in London is stealing our thunder by going meat free on Mondays. It must be so that the Grouver from Vancouver can eat there when he's in town.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.