FoH and Fundrasing: Callout for Makers!

Front of House, garden etc.
HGiles

FoH and Fundrasing: Callout for Makers!

Post by HGiles » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Hallo artist and maker-type people!

Kata and I are planning to do a surge of FoH work connected to the fundraising campaign: as well as re-beautifying the Forest space, we want to get some really clear messages in and outside the building about what we're doing to save the Forest and how people can get involved. There's a lot to do, and a lot of scope for both artistmakery-people to create things (and bottom-line regular things).

Some stuff we want to do:
- Build a funny Forest-style funding thermometer
- Make a couple of stylish banners for inside and out
- Get the outside chalkboards up-and-running again every week
- Make some new posters and artwork for fundraising-related posters
- Build a display of shop items for the café
- And more!
- And any ideas you have!

Want to get involved? E-mail foh@theforest.org.uk and fundraising@theforest.org.uk to be part of it.

arizoniandreamer

Re: FoH and Fundrasing: Callout for Makers!

Post by arizoniandreamer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi there!
Thanks for posting this Harry!

Quote:
Build a funny Forest-style funding thermometer

So I really need someone to make this (I thought maybe we could use a kind of glass/plastic tube that we could fill up with some colourful liquid/sand or something, because I think the colouring with paint/pencil would be a bit too DIY.) We thought to put it above the clock in the kitchen so people would see it when they glance up there...and time as is passing...and the money is more and more..hopefully... :D) The deadline of this project would be ideally 4th of March.

Quote:
Make a couple of stylish banners for inside and out

- we need one big and long banner inside the kitchen showing how you can help us to save the forest: buy food, pay more, volunteer, buy 'forest products' etc , all with signs and of course saying all this in a creative tricky way as usual. So more ideas to this and some feedback on interest in making it happen before the 4th of March. Would be more than welcome!

-outside:The idea is to cover the 'Forest Fringe' banner with an other mobile one saying something like: 'Forest Lives- come in, be part of it, enjoy it, save it!!!' suggestions, opinions on what should be the text exactly are welcome again. The deadline for this would be also 4th of March...so we should have an action day for all this banner things somewhere in the last days of March.

Quote:
Get the outside chalkboards up-and-running again every week

So yeah, we already have a Lauris who would be up to update the 3 (1 inside, 2 outside) blackboards with the weekly program every sunday/monday morning. We thought with Harry that it would be grate to put out put out the little blackboard with the events of the day and maybe specials every morning. Would it be a too much for kitchen managers to do that or at least make sure that it's happening? SCOUTT? STEVIE? BRIDGET?

Quote:
Build a display of shop items for the café

So the plan would be to put some forest products on the wall such us
- forest publications (zines) having a kind of collage of all of them on the wall, people could by them at the shop, maybe at the café, but I don't know that in this case where could we store them as the kitchen is already full of lots stuff that shouldn't be there...Any ideas for that?
- records
- cds
- frizbies
- t-shirts
- postcards- put them on the counter also as a collage and put the text saying that you can buy them here for x pounds. maybe have a stall but still don't know where would be space for it.
There would be a huge sign of course with prices etc.

I can make this happen next week, but I need GAIA's help for that!

SO yeah more ideas and people are very very welcome and questions and everything... :)
thank you!

arizoniandreamer

Post by arizoniandreamer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:01 pm

We agreed with Alba (new EVS working with me together on FoH) to have the action day to make the banners on the 2th of March!

Is there anyone who would know where we could get molino from to make the banner outside? Balcony maybe?

Thanks, Kata+Alba

scoutwinter

Post by scoutwinter » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:32 pm

there is a small (a bit crap) banner kicking around that I made for the drum club show. just says Forest, and some of the stuff we do there.
last seen in the kitchen in the wooden cupboard... pale blue... could do with some sprucing up. it was a 10 minute job.

arizoniandreamer

Post by arizoniandreamer » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

thx, scoutt
I'll check it out today. We found some molino (blue) upstairs on the balcony. Can we use them?
Action day on the 2nd to paint banners, making decoration for the spring fling up in the hall!
Káty

nix

Post by nix » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:47 pm

outside:The idea is to cover the 'Forest Fringe' banner with an other mobile one saying something like: 'Forest Lives- come in, be part of it, enjoy it, save it!!!' suggestions, opinions on what should be the text exactly are welcome again. The deadline for this would be also 4th of March...so we should have an action day for all this banner things somewhere in the last days of March.
We should take down thr FF banner..
It is still months till it will be needed. Its getting weathered and fucked up there.. and FF aren't here now!

I could make a Forest Fund-raising one to replace it?

arizoniandreamer

Post by arizoniandreamer » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:15 pm

Well, for me it's fine if we take it down, but Chris said that we shouldn't...but if we put it back later, I think it should be fine.
It would be grate if you could give us a hand! Will you come on the 2nd and make it or you have other plans for it?

scoutwinter

Post by scoutwinter » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:55 pm

take it down!

Magduszka

Post by Magduszka » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Hey, it's Magda here. Let me know if you need any help in the building. Best to talk to me. I will not be able to take time off work this week, but I can make/build some stuff on the farm where I live and bring it over whenever needed.
By the way, I think that it is massively important to tell people that they can get their fringes trimmed in The Forest, Forest Fringe sign is cool! ;) Just kidding. I was really worried about it when it was so windy. To my surprise paintwork never faded in this weather...

Magduszka

Post by Magduszka » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Oh, and why don't we put some of the fundraising info prints on the insides of the toilet door... To take people's eyes away from looking at how clean/unclean they are while getting educated.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Good idea for the toilets!

HGiles

Post by HGiles » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am

Ooh, good toilet plan. Nice. I'll print off some more for that today (technology willing).