from Blue Wednesday

ravanwin

from Blue Wednesday

Post by ravanwin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:38 pm

came in on our myspace:

I don't know if you guys check your MySpace emails but I don't have any other way of writing you a message.
After 4 years of Blue Wednesday I decided I needed to seek other musical outlets and I've decided not to book future dates in the Events Diary. This has not been an easy decision as running BW with the great support of the Forest has been a real joy. I've been able to showcase great talent from throughout the UK and from Canada and the USA. Musicians have been universally enthusiastic and clamouring for a return gig and I've made sure that there have been many repeat performances of popular acts.
However, I operate on the basis that things have a natural life and when you start forcing them they begin to turn out like oranges in summer or GM potatoes. BW seemed to me to have achieved something I never thought possible when I trialled it for 3 months in 2006, but now it's time to say goodbye before it loses it's lustre.
I want to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to all the volunteers who've made BW a possibility since 2006. I simply couldn't have done it without them. Also a big thank you to you, a distant but benign presence and a great encouragement. My thanks.
Roger

Read more: http://messaging.myspace.com/index.cfm? ... z10jzFhq92