artist website/shows of interest

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
martinmckenna

artist website/shows of interest

Post by martinmckenna » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:03 pm

ive made this thread for discussion on artist web site and and shows you may of seen recently ,

i found this web site today via eflux email i received
Gerrard uses Realtime 3-D, a customized game-design software, in conjunction with on-site photography, animating the stills into a seamless cinematic panning shot to capture a 360-degree view of his subjects. The result is imagery that hovers between fact and fiction. Each work tracks around a scene and unfolds in real time so that patient viewers can experience the day's progression from morning until night. What looks like a live shot is, in fact, a fabricated, digitally manipulated image.
http://www.johngerrard.net/index.php?Homepage

also the other day i went to see the Thomas Hirschhorn show at the dca in dundee . pretty sweet show and worth the travel up there .

http://www.dca.org.uk/whats-on/exhibiti ... where.html
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

stephengoodall

Re: artist website/shows of interest

Post by stephengoodall » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:25 pm

the Museum Of Everything

I went to this in London- brilliant collection of outsider art in a mssive labyrynthine venue- permanent i think- really good, with a wide range of different stuff from all over in different styles and formats.

some original Henry Darger drawings were of particular interest, well displayed on double sided stands for the full 2 sided experience...
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Wed May 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Dunno about anyone else, but I am really looking forward to the next show due on at The Fruitmarket.

I saw his most famous film Dial HISTORY a while back and it was excellent- so i'm looking forward to seeing his newer and older works.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.