general darkroom discussion board

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
sprucea

general darkroom discussion board

Post by sprucea » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Hello!

This forum is a way for everyone involved with the darkroom to post what they're doing, and what needs to be done so everyone can stay informed and help out where ever they can.
We decided to hold general meetings on Tuesdays at 5 in the cafe, so please come along to these if your interested. During these meetings we discuss action points (things that need to be done) and brainstorm about workshops. In short, how we can make the darkroom as useful and fruitful as we can. If there won't be a meeting there should be a post saying so or I will send an email.
If your putting on a workshop or activity it might be a good idea to start a new thread for whatever that is, and post the link on this forum so people can go and discuss it. This is probably obvious to most of you usual BB users. However for those like me, impaired when in cyberland, this might be helpful.
If you're interested in following this thread I suggest making it so you are notified through you're email whenever something new is posted.

Let us know what you're doing, have done, and if anyone needs any help!
Enjoy.

bencritchley

Re: general darkroom discussion board

Post by bencritchley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:17 pm

hello all!
I had a play in the darkroom today at producing a print from a negative. To that end I mixed some paper developer, put it in an empty container, and marked it. I'm sure I owe money for this, but I can't for the life of me tell how much that is. When I know I'll pay it.
I did manage to produce an image on paper, but I keenly feel the loss of someone who knows what they are doing. If you are that person, and want to help me get started in producing prints, let me know.

Ben

sprucea

Post by sprucea » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Hey, would anyone want to d a beginners workshops next week? I know a couple people who are interested, and ben maybe this would help.
Also, The forest darkroom now has a facebook thing (group?), so you can become a fan to it. This can also be a way of finding out about recent activities and networking purposes.
Also, I called the council about the chemicals and the lady is going to call me back on tuesday. I may need to deliver these chemicals to my house because they need to pick them up at my address so they wont charge. If anyone ha a car and would be able to drive from the forest to marchmont crescent next week let me know.
Also, just for everyone's info, we will have another darkroom working group collaboration meeting next tuesday at 5 just let keep everyone posted.
Also also also!
Hope all is well.

nix

Post by nix » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:14 pm

i can probably help with chemical transport.

let me know.

bencritchley

Post by bencritchley » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:15 pm

Beginners workshop sounds good. I don't have a car but I'm happy to lug chemicals by hand, if you want

sprucea

Post by sprucea » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:42 am

MOST IMPORTANT ACTION TO BE ACTED UPON> if anyone has any ideas, or time to search please do!!! Getting a new chemical system worked out is crucial!!!

We need three chemical tanks with a tap/faucet/spigot.
I found these chemicals tanks: http://www.google.com/products?addr=EH9 ... QwAg&sl=on ,but I am having an increadibly hard time finding any of them in the uk. Those seem to be the right type. Any ideas on what else they could be called? I'm thinking along the lines of making beer, and coffee/beverage vessel for parties. Im also trying to think of a store that would have them, like homebase?
If anyone has any ideas or internet leads to find these tanks in the uk let us know!! We need to get this chemical situation worked out asap!!

missteppin

Post by missteppin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:06 pm

Feel I may be a little late in joining, but I am really keen to get in and do some developing/meet photographers and kick start the old visual imagination. Would anyone be able to suggest how I should go about getting involved in whats happening at the Forest? I am new here, eek. And I also work until 6 so cannot make the tuesday meetings, just to be awkward!

Thanks guys
Katey

sprucea

Post by sprucea » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:50 am

Hey Katey,

In order to become a member of the darkroom you have to go through an induction session and pay 5 pounds. Then you can schedule times on the online booking system and use it pretty much whenever you want.
We're actually having a beginners workshop/induction this evening at 6:30 so it would be great if you could come a long to this. If you feel comfortable with using the darkroom then you can just stay for the induction but this would be the best way to get you started. Hope to see you there!
my number is 07766405046
Lucea