BOTTOM LINER FOR THE DARKROOM!

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
nix

BOTTOM LINER FOR THE DARKROOM!

Post by nix » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Help!

The Forest Darkroom Project needs someone to take responsibility for it. Is that you?

We are fixing the room itself on Saturday and Sunday 17th, 18th Oct.

The responsibilities are:
  • Setting up and maintaining the facility.
    Inducting new people into the darkroom.
    taking care of the finances.
    attending the Artists Faciliyies meeting once a month.
Come on, happy snappers.. step up!

thanks!

NiX.

Martin

Re: BOTTOM LINER FOR THE DARKROOM!

Post by Martin » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:18 pm

If anyone's interested in this but not sure about it, please just go for it - I can offer help with getting things up and running again and showing how everything works.

sprucea

Post by sprucea » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:51 am

Hello!

I would be able and willing to take care of the darkroom if you still need somebody. I have a lot of experience with dark rooms, took care of my own last year. I am a third year university student so time is a slight (very slight) issue, but I'm sure we can work something out. It'd be great if you could let me know what exactly is involved and how I can start helping out!
Thanks a bunch,
Lucea

my email is luc.spin@gmail.com just in case.

Martin

Post by Martin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:21 pm

Excellent!

Lucea, I'll send you an email with more info.

sprucea

Post by sprucea » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:46 am

Hey martin, that all sounds very manageable. I'll be happy to start setting things up as soon as possible. I may need an introduction to the enlargers depending on what type they are but I'm sure I will figure it out. What is a good time for me to come in and get things going? I am free this weekend and everyday next week except Monday and Tuesday. Whats the best way to contact you? I sent a copy of this to your email but I wasn't sure. look forward to meeting you-
Lucea

Martin

Post by Martin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi Lucea,

Sorry, I did get your email, I've just been crazy busy. I'm free this weekend, let's sort it out then. I'll send you my mobile number by email.

Martin

pete murray

Post by pete murray » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:45 pm

I would be interested in helping if you havent already got someone.( if you have, and need extra help I would be willing to do that) I've got over 30 years of experience in photography, and have run and supervised a darkroom used by students, as well as instructing students in printing and processing. If you want more info, let me know

Pete Murray

Martin

Post by Martin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:04 am

Pete, your experience would be hugely welcome.

Taking care of the darkroom shouldn't be down to a single person. As with all the other artist facilities in the forest it's supposed to be run by a working group which people are welcome to join. We just need someone to act as the "bottom liner", which means taking on some responsibility to make sure things get done, and reporting back to the rest of the forest on how things are going - certainly not doing all the work themselves! Who does that can be decided amongst those in the group.

In practice the darkroom group had dwindled down to just me and Daniel, who then moved away, and I needed to reduce my time commitments so needed someone to take over. And then the place got flooded, which put things out of action for a while, but that's all cleaned up now - we just need to set all the equipment up again and get things going.

Let's all meet up and talk about it.

Martin

Post by Martin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Right - we're meeting in the front of the cafe at 2pm tomorrow, and will then go down and sort the place out. All welcome.

Martin

Post by Martin » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:47 pm

We spent this afternoon sorting the place out - it's mostly done but the door doesn't shut any more!

I've started a new thread to organise further work - let's continue the discussion there: http://www.theforest.org.uk/bb/viewtopi ... =73&t=7013