Forest is pestering me on Facebook!!!

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Gandhi

Forest is pestering me on Facebook!!!

Post by Gandhi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:57 am

Ok, I know the importance of advertising for events but please can you send just 1 weekly event invite instead of individual ones! I have 10, yes 10!!!, event invites in the last 2 days from Julie Larksholm whomever that is. It's obviously not that much of a big deal but you should be aware that if you continuously bombard people with event invites,emails and updates etc then they will get fed up and just leave the Forest group on Facebook...which is not good.

laters spammers! :lol:
It's like God's vagina!

Martin

Re: Forest is pestering me on Facebook!!!

Post by Martin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:39 am

It's true, the Forest facebook bombardment is pretty overwhelming.

Ila

Post by Ila » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Hello to everyone

Ok...maybe you're right about the bombardment on facebook...
but the people that play at the Forest for free are general happy to have a single evnt on it (and invite the people can help it)
but we can find a solution as well...
Create individuals events for almost every events and send a sole invite to the people...
maybe could be better
Another problem is that some events are put on facebook by me and Julie (that are in charge of promotion at the Forest) and also by the people that organize these events... but we can't know always about it!!! We try to resolve this fact as well.
Thanks anyway for your advice...

Ilaria and Julie

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:25 pm

i tent to find the bombardment of any event annoying and tend to turn off to it .

the once a week program is a great idea . but i dont think every event should have access to create a single event with the forest group . only special once offs
i would prefer that the events team where putting there energy to putting single events on the our web site . rather than the program .

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:44 pm

we should PROMOTE the biggest and best events of the week with individual events and leave the rest to the weekly programme / individuals / website.

that said - well done events team for putting the effort to promote things in. Part of the problem, of course, is the team is promoting many august events all on the same day. But maybe some quality control could be used to only highlight the best events. (we decide!)

julie is the awesome new evs vollie who is helping with events, she's cool and will be helping with events over the summer.

oh - and another thing is --- people in the forest group can now send invites to our people for their events with the new fb interface, i think. (martin has taken advantage of this before.) so --- that is good but sometimes annoying.

anyway, it will calm down for the next month, I'm sure.

oh - and remember to volunteer.

oh, and andy, I better not get any Unique Beats SPAM!

xxl
r

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:10 pm

I'm gonna spam the shit out of you! :lol:
It's like God's vagina!

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:23 pm

ok nice recent message about the events with the disclaimer about not wanting to spam people. :)

Would of been nice to have Unique Beats event on there and on the Forest calender since I am putting a shit load of effort in to it...I should probably have kept my mouth shut about the spamming. you all hate me. :cry:
It's like God's vagina!