Volunteer Party Saturday 25th July

Julie

Volunteer Party Saturday 25th July

Post by Julie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:18 pm

Hello lovely people!

What: Thank you for help making The Forest much nicer! So let's finally have a volunteer party for every volunteer at The Forest!

When: This will happen Saturday 18th july in the hall from 9pm to 3am

Dresscode: Wear a hat! Be creative ;-)

Bonus: You can meet the new EVS! Hannah (Germany) and Julie (Denmark) - don't be shy!

Does anyody know a band that would like to make us dance all night? Or maybe just for an hour? - Please let us know.
Last edited by milk on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: lynne asked me to change the date. again.

Tove evs

Re: Volunteer Party Friday 17th July

Post by Tove evs » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:55 am

great :D
maybe we should put it on facebook as well, and in the weekly program?
See you soon!

milk

Re: Volunteer Party Saturday 18th July

Post by milk » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:28 am

sounds awesome!

it would be great if we could just keep this one to forest volunteer community. otherwise you'll get hangers on turning up, it'll be harder to remember the more important names and faces and the vibe will be less of the essence of forest. other more open parties and/or events do and will happen in the future...
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi there just to confirmthat the party is actually on friday the 17th of july, otherwise lynn can not come, boo. milks right it's gonna be hard though to keep it only to volunteers, but thats the way it should be, does anyone know of bands or djs that want to play, alex and pockets, ? would be good to have some entertainment.

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Stephen - I've had to change the party to Saturday 18th July as I got my dates mixed up yesterday.

I should know by now never to make a booking without looking at the events calendar on the computer!!!

Anyway, it's definitely the Saturday :wink:

(And I can come after my work at midnight - yeh!)

milk

Post by milk » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:25 pm

not sure about bands, but how about a variety of volly DJs?

anyone got some tracks they'd like to spin, either CD or MP3?

i'd put my name down for that.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:41 pm

I won't be here :(
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:50 pm

hey lynn, maybe we could do it on a thursday then, i don't know could be okay, maybe we just leave it saturday,

Hannah

Post by Hannah » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:31 am

Hello everyone, I'm Hannah, the other new EVS.

Well, I would just like to hear your opinion on two things concerning our vollie-party:
1) Do you think it would be good to make it an byob-party or do you prefer to pay a fixed price and get drinks then?
2) What do you think about a buffet with international fingerfood made by the EVS and other volunteers?

Already looking forward,
Hannah

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:05 pm

Okay...I have had a chat with Ilaria and she thinks it's better if we have the party on Saturday 25th July.

This is because Billy Liar is playing in the Cafe on Saturday 18th, so it's not a good time to have the party.

About alcohol...I'm going to the cash and carry on Monday to get some beer for the volunteers. But it won't last long, so I think everyone should still bring their own bottles!

EVS finger food - sounds great, go for it!

:D

milk

Post by milk » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:37 pm

finger food, for the win :)

you couldn't possibly invest in some really cheapo cider as well plz? still not quite there with beer and my tastebuds, as i'm sure is probably the case also with others ;o

Lynne

Re: Volunteer Party Saturday 25th July

Post by Lynne » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:49 pm

Yup, no problem, beer and cider!

xx

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:54 pm

I'm not here on that date either :(
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

mina vacant

Post by mina vacant » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:56 pm

i'm sorry you won't be making it mike :(
It'll not be the same without you.

As for the rest of you, see you at the party... and then see you for the Volunteer Meeting the next day (Sun 26th July)! It's from 5-7pm, so there are not excuses re: hangovers, etc!!!

It's going to be a great way for us to come together in a slightly more sober manner, and gear up for the festival (which is going to be wicked fun for everyone so long as we get ourselves sorted and support each other like the big loving hippy family that we are. OK?!!... [mwahahaaaa])

For anything you would like to bring up during the meeting, please add comments to the 'Volunteer Meeting' thread/post/whatever you call it. Or ask a KM.
If you truly love film, I think the healthiest thing to do is not read books on the subject. I prefer the glossy film magazines with their big colour photos and gossip columns, or the National Enquirer. Such vulgarity is healthy and safe. ~ Werner Herzog

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:36 am

Eh, I don't really make that much difference aside from being the obnoxious drunk guy trying to persuade people to listen to some random band no-one has heard of.
Mike

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:49 am

Maybe we need some posters in the cafe for this, in the kitchen and voulnteer noticeboard, not everyone uses the bb,

Hannah

Post by Hannah » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Yeah, I know we need posters. I made one already and have got it on my computer, the only problem is that the printers don't work. I'll probably be able to print tomorrow finally. But please tell as many volunteers as possible about the party! :)

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:20 pm

Tomorrow I am going to fix it so that all the action room computers will be able to print, even if they have no internet access.
Mike

marmot

Post by marmot » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:56 pm

I would like to play some music then"!

can I can?

Emma

Post by Emma » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Is anyone with a car free Friday to help buy booze from Cash and Carry? Lynne's other offer fell through.

Ta!

Judith Jewcakes

Post by Judith Jewcakes » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Did anyone happen to get pictures of this?