Can we give the Forest a new push???

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
amelia

Re: Can we give the Forest a new push???

Post by amelia » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:52 pm

I know. We all contain our own blueprint, but expressionism and opportunity is not there for many.

baloo

Post by baloo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:59 am

um....

can we give the forest a new push?
off a cliff?
down the toilet!?

TO be the spokesperson for the little bit "mad" people....hey guys....dont throw sticks at the mad people ok....?
they have wierd and great ideas and are easy to argue with.
Lets notice the what that is going on as well as the who eh....

non violence, peacefull communication.

deep breathing (not in the toilets) and maybe some compassion/consideration.

Now feel free to call me hippy!!! you know you wannna...x

um......but otherwise....
it'd be great to cement the floor at a funny angle and plumb a drain covery thing like they have in spanish wash houses.... u know what i talk about? would that be alot of work...?
oR A REED BED!!!!!

toilets eh.
up and at it.

swithun

Post by swithun » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:14 am

I saw this sign in a health food shop in Montreal, and thought of you, Blue, and Duncan. They had a 'Bikers always welcome' sign in another window.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

amelia

Post by amelia » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:24 am

There is a group in my town run by a woman who writes for the local newspaper that are called M.A.D as in 'Make A Difference'. The last breakfast had an invite to take turns speaking about what shits you and what you are doing about it. They are always organising worthwhile events and fundraising. There are regular breakies with a speaker. The last one I attended was a woman who had won a nobel peace prize for refugee assistance in Ethiopia who now runs a healing centre a little north of here I am clearing stacks of stuff - would ideally love to give it to the forest free shop - for the next fundraiser they are having for an orphanage in Africa.

What about a defunct Bidet with a pot plant sitting in it for a corner of the room, or in the corridoor with a sign in it pointing the way...

baloo

Post by baloo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:13 am

we should charge 20p for toilet usage.
up and at it.

neil

Post by neil » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:45 am

baloo wrote:we should charge 20p for toilet usage.
Aaaaaah! this is commonly done in mainland European places. It totally sucks ass!

But it is worth considering. We should also charge for water, for coming in the building, for standing outside...

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:09 pm

20p for even thinking about going to the Forest, a further 20p for needing the toilet whilst in the Forest or surrounding areas and 20p for using the Forest toilets...this is a surefire way to earn money and it should be implemented immediately. :lol:
It's like God's vagina!

Jane

Post by Jane » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:54 pm

ryanair are going to start charging to wee on planes. the pun ridden headline was

Ryanair: slashes priced
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Jane wrote:ryanair are going to start charging to wee on planes. the pun ridden headline was

Ryanair: slashes priced
Well, technically, they aren't going to charge you to wee, just to wee in the toilet!
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

baloo

Post by baloo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:30 pm

wee on a plane?
wow.
when i was a kid i used to wee on ants but imagine the challenge to be had here!
I'd climb it first.

why don inventors put little water wheels in toilets so every time you pee or flush you generate electricity?
up and at it.

amelia

Post by amelia » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:37 pm

A common saying hung in friendly toilets in dry/droughty places usually operating with their own water tanks here is:

"If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down."

According to what you do in the forest toilet, and then how much water is required for it, can be a further 20p each.

Mmmm. Toilets on planes are ridiculous really! Yeah on a big plane you gotta sometime it's true....containing it in some sort of recyke astronaut set-up may be less costly and require less time to clean & maintain etc in the long run.
Probably we're gonna get precious about it someday as it will be our liquid we need to drink and better we drink our own hey? I think many people just go to the toilet on planes because they are there. They are interesting to be in.

Are they planning to charge you or fine you to do as nature calls? It would be less encouraging than the alcohol they promote to drink requiring a toilet, and the 'mile high club' stories encouraging the want of sexual activity in the toilets. Silly also when you think that a plane has staff toilets and first class toilets and business class toilets and the economy toilet. Why not just two free toilets if you really need to go?

I still really would like planes completley outfitted interiorly so that the seats are replaced with bunks that could be three or four high fitting more folk on the plane in a way that is much more comfortable and way better for the body. Like in the movie 'The Fifth Element' for transit space travel.

neil

Post by neil » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:55 am

I've come up with a "menu" proposal for the toilet. Have a look...
Basics:

pee = 20p

poo = £1

vomit = £1.50

menstruation = £5 (obviously this charge is for women only - men are far more sanitary creatures)

Specials:

pee + drink your own pee = 25p

pee + drink someone else's pee = 35p

have sex = £3

have sex with more than one person = £3 plus another £1 for each additional person

skin up = not allowed

intravenous drug use = not allowed
If there are no objections, this will be laminated and put on the toilet door asap.

Isn't it funny how one pee = 20 pee? I guess this is what econonomists call inflation.

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:32 am

haha nice one neil, laminate away.
I love the facts that you can have an orgy whilst potentially drinking someone else's pee (depending on how flush you feel...see what i did there?) but not skin up- law is a funny thing
It's like God's vagina!

nix

Post by nix » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:07 pm

This is a great discorse.. but the question remains... Who is gonna paint the Toilets?

in the workshop we have a tin of "stain stop" paint, to go over the graffitti, then paint it nice.

go on --- find an artist, give them love and get them to paint it nice.

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:45 pm

is there much point if we have to move or expand the toilets soon anyway if the licence goes through?
It's like God's vagina!

chombee

Post by chombee » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:50 pm

why don inventors put little water wheels in toilets so every time you pee or flush you generate electricity?
Because electricity generated in this way would be disgusting.

P.S. you could also generate a short burst of electricity for each plop although this is stretching the definition of "water wheel" even further.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Exactly, Gandhi.

I would say wait until we know what is happening wrt the possible toilet expansion first.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

amelia

Post by amelia » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:07 pm

I like the idea of the 'menu' as some fun but what is "skin up"?
Leave out the "men are more sanitary" bit. This is not nice or responsible for a multicultural place. I, and many women, are completely sick of it. It is a misunderstanding that has many girls spraying themselves with perfumes, having genital surgical restructuring, taking pills to stop their bleeding altogether etc etc. And, according to the STD (sexually transmitted disease) place they told me they often need to say, to just the guys, "look, take that home and give it a good wash and then bring it in" before they can inspect.

Western Society was not constructed with bleeding women in mind, but to help them 'control it' Honouring a woman's bleeding is the a major answer or requirement that I am discovering to be necesssary, for real healing of relating and understanding one another . Heather Bruce goes into wonderful detail about our bleeding in her book.

Please, be more thoughful of us. It is still very trying for us in some cultures and in other cultures menstral blood is a known (sharmanic) healer. Maybe the forest needs to buy it from us? Certainly if you are talking of disposal of menstral waste stuff, yes that is expensive - few women would be using seasponges that only need to be rinsed out.

Out of interest, how do you calculate it as more costly to drink your own pee? Isn't this removing it from the forest completely, or is there provision of cups or something?

milk

Post by milk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:46 pm

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skin+up :)

(a site handy for english slang in general, recommended for bookmarking)
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

amelia

Post by amelia » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:27 am

Oh thank you, only that, I thought maybe it was a circumcision slang amongst you guys and I was very curious!

Also only have the word menstruation if you have urination & defication etc, use 'moon bleeding' to bring it more in line with pee & poo.

Speaking of which - I get a definite "Oh Yeah" from guys here about pissing being way easier for them.
The term here "pissing about" or "don't piss about do...." are relating to the effortlessness or simplicity of effort put into an activity. We were talking about mowing a section and I then chose to try it with: "Don't piss about doing that bit near to the house, do that section and if you get bogged you can help oneanother out." It was appropriate and quite the language to use and they understood straightaway.

Then the shortened term 'pee' is from the 'p' of the word commonly used in your culture - penis. When I read pee, I did not feel it related to me really... praps that's why wee came into it. Hey. :idea: As it is in Sco'land anyway, why not have a wee 'wee' as 20p and 30p for more than a wee 'wee' or one tha' is no' a wee 'wee' ? oh for god's sake I have other things I should really be doing...!!-))

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:25 am

Amelia, dear, I think that Neil's post was a joke...
Mike

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:19 am

Dear Amelia.
Aaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
It's like God's vagina!

amelia

Post by amelia » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:37 am

He frightened me into responding when he said he would put it up if there were no objections...:)

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:57 am

Mike

swithun

Post by swithun » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:07 pm

How much should I pay for tromboning?

amelia

Post by amelia » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:36 pm

:idea: A good thing at the festival site toilets here, are simple wire constructions that hang mainly on the back of the doors that are able to hold a number of toilet rolls at one time.

A sign reads to only start one roll when you come to the end of another to save`on wastage. They ideally like you to start at one and go to the next then the next, but this works for a short time only before ones 'anywhere' are started. Also maybe due to shorter arms of children needing to reach ones hung lower.

At the forest, I spent time replacing toilet roll's, twice buying armfulls of toilet rolls from the shop in the next street, storing them in the room nearby, getting them out of this room and stacking them in each toilet, and finding myself in a situation when needing the toilet, where the toilet paper was wet with no where for it to hang, all in a relatively short space of time.

:?: I suggest that this 'roll support' invention or similar, and the cleaning of the toilets, is more pressing than the painting of the walls? Even a thick rope that can support a bunch of rolls to the inside of the door? Or anywhere in reach in the dry.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:43 pm

I just noticed this:
amelia wrote:Leave out the "men are more sanitary" bit. This is not nice or responsible for a multicultural place.
Amelia, I suggest you go back and very carefully read all of your posts in this thread and then come back and see if you see the irony in that quote.
Mike

amelia

Post by amelia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:38 am

Hi Chaotic, the concept of irony maintains a need for preconceived ideas and expectations, that prevent an individual from truly being in the present moment. It was itself conceived by those who had no opportunity for the notion of being clear to exist in a moment that could be freshly created. Hence, irony is something I don't bother with anymore. It is entirely subjective and your freedom to view as your consciousness enables you. The trick is, to not have expectations.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:07 am

amelia wrote:The trick is, to not have expectations.
I have a nice trick too, it's called "Speaking English so that people can understand you". Oh, and I know how to use a comma ;)
Mike

amelia

Post by amelia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:51 am

Give me a break.
I write to explain the best I can, if you do not understand, than you have the option to ask someone. Yes I have been discriminated a lot due to my intellect, I only know my thinking and my writing and my way of seeing the world and I have learnt to accept & embrace it. When I saw the movie 'The Fifth Element' I was comforted by the speed they showed the character played by Mila whatever saw with and thought in.

I don't know why it is so hard for guys, unless you went to an all boys school, there must've been girls who were smarter than you? What happens and when, to make guys then not be able to feel comfortable? In school after a math's test we'd all asked each other's results-that is the boys & girls who enjoyed math's tests. When do (most) males need to feel smarter than all females though the majority of them weren't in school? They gotta know they are out there... :?:

Attempts at ego accessorising, using a woman, but doing so for the benefit of viewing by other guys, is something that happens too. It is so boring but thankfully the world is waking up to a need for us to be in harmony. Peace :)

Don't discriminate against me anymore please. Chat to me in person if you want when I'm there

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:55 am

I'm not discriminating against you for being female, but for being unintelligible. Now, I'm not the smartest of guys, but I'm not dumb.

Your texts and sentences often lack correct grammar, or even anything vaguely identifiable as a sentence structure. I could pull one of my linguistics friends in on this, but that might be a bit too far.

Care to compare Flesch-Kincaid levels?
Mike

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:57 am

Oh, and it's not hard for me. I know plenty of girls who are and were smarter than me. Nothing happens to "make guys feel uncomfortable". You're just gender-stereotyping again, assuming that for some reason all men feel the need to be superior. To use your own words (as at least that way I know you'll understand them): Give *me* a break.
Mike

amelia

Post by amelia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:53 pm

Mike, this has crossed the line to cyber abuse. What gives? I am a huge fan of Blue's writing and he inspires me. I enjoy the confident abandon of many of the forest's writers and I don't see your critiques on them! Written language and sentence structure inventions are for our use, not to be controlled by. Personal style comes with confidence.

I think, in a creative haven such as the forest, having a 'BB police' critising peole who write is silly, unwanted and detrimental. At least check if it is invited or appreciated. I feel I have a lot to offer a place like the forest but you and Andy have made me want to give up putting any energy toward it a number of times. I do not share your interest in having to write on and on after I post something, or, have the time to do so.

We are only trying to make the forest a nice place with this topic heading. I would like to continue discussing one thread with Milk specifically on man & woman & perceived genders, but I haven't had time yet and I welcome you on that discussion then. I honestly thought I could help Susana's topic of getting the toilets nicer and that is my focus here. :)

baloo

Post by baloo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:45 pm

mike! we are talking toilets! my IQ is -4,672 ok!?! can we compare wrinkles? or tongue lengths instead?
c'mon..... TOILETS man, TOILETS,...NOT pick on the melia!!!

TOILETS!!! :)
up and at it.

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:41 pm

It looks like we won't be starting to build any new toilets before September...

So...if anyone has any ideas on how to make the existing toilets nicer before the Festival, please go for it!

:)

baloo

Post by baloo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:53 pm

an armed guard.
up and at it.