shop entry/hallways

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Ida

shop entry/hallways

Post by Ida » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:53 pm

so I came in pretty much everyday in the last week and EVERY DAY there was stuff lying around in the hallways/recycling area. The black shelves are still there, pieces of wood, sometimes lots of recycling, bags for the free shop and today the hole equipment of a circus!!! please guys dont leave anything there, and it would be nice if the recycling could be made in the morning...I know its not always possible but try to do your best...we are going to do our best to improve the shop!
Keep the back entry clean and nice!

ravanwin

Re: shop entry/hallways

Post by ravanwin » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:10 pm

yeah, it has been a tip lately. we need to remember not to store stuff there too long. can we ditch the book case soon?

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Talk to Joey.

He doesn't use the bb much but the bookcase is his project.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Susana

Post by Susana » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:05 am

Indeed!!! There was a time, when Magda started her hairdressing business that the hall looked very inviting: grand plants around, a table with a nice comfy chair next to it, nice lights... it felt from outside like a place yo wanted to go in...

I know that the shop suffers from that (big) drawback of not having a door that opens into the street. But I was thinking how if this was a shop privately owned they would make a big thing out of that hall, actually: it has fantastic elements in it: those amazing tiles and that incredible old-handmade glass work!! It is actually a treasure and someone would bring it to life with lights pointing playfully at them or having pieces of art work blending in with these features and making them much more prominent..

I know all this sounds like some tv decoration program :P :lol: but the truth is that either we make the shop work for us and for the artits that trust us with their work or we sensibly close it, as it is a big waste of volunteer's time (35 hrs/week plus all the concerted effort of meetings/thinking about it) and a lose of potential money for the artists.

(By the way: i was volunteering at the shop a couple of weeks ago and I was shocked that hardly anybody came into that shop for the whole day, and this was on a Wednesday, which I thought the students were free and could do some 'little presents' shopping, etc..)

We have to give the shop another big push, I think: Talk again about the signs for outside (could we just paint the name 'Biz Art Shop' on the stone around the window and details of its content ???:
- Zines
- Books
- Music
- Arts
- Crafts

Also we should talk about many more lights in the shop (I couldn't myself see properly the items on sale: their colour, their texture..)

Shall we have soon another meeting???? 8) 8)
Susanita, la amiga tonta de Mafalda

nix

Post by nix » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Susana wrote:
(could we just paint the name 'Biz Art Shop' on the stone around the window and details of its content ???:

Shall we have soon another meeting???? 8) 8)
please don't put paint on stone. at all. this is a listed building.

let us meet.

chombee

Post by chombee » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Isn't the big bookcase for the hall intended to go in the front room, for Old Hat Books? I think it might be.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:04 am

Yes.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Susana

Post by Susana » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:56 am

Aha! I thought maybe there were planning restrictions or you would have thought of that one already (I'm talking about painting the name on the stone...)

So, we must come up with plan B.

yes, let's meet.

Mucho love 8)
Susanita, la amiga tonta de Mafalda