Fun and games night

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Gandhi

Fun and games night

Post by Gandhi » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:34 pm

Hi children, uncle andy here.
As you all know smoking week is coming up (cant remember date-1week b4 scottish ban i guess), and I have decided to run a card game night. I feel it is the best time for it as we cann sit in a smoky room and look shifty in our dodgy blues brothers sunglasses<-----the only way to play.
I have brifly run it passed Ryan who said it would be cool, but just wander if there is anyone out there who objects. To try and woo some people round i've got some things that you may need telling:
1. card games r fun
2.we will not play for money
3. allthough a generally unsociable game-we the forest are gonna change that and make it a fun for all, outragous las vegas card game party. people who know the rules will teach those who don't, we want crazy outragous and loud bluffing and lies.
Its gonna be (if people want to do it) the first thing i've organised at the forest and as a big thankyou for being the coolest warmest place in the world and welcoming me into the family (only been in edinburgh 6 months) im gonna put a lot of effort into making it a really fun and memorable night...live music from some freinds etc.
I do think it would be fun and it is an enjoyable game you can all learn, just ask blue and his wife, they love it now!
anyways i would appreciate if people posted back any usefull suggestions and any info etc.
thanks guys.
dont be shy, reply![

oh yeah, from now on if nothings happening on some random nights and there's enough people, im gonna try and start a (pub)quiz...will be fun a tell thee.
Last edited by Gandhi on Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:22 am, edited 10 times in total.
It's like God's vagina!

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:41 pm

With a topic title like that I'm sure there'll be a lot of spammers wanting to join the fun...

Chiller Iain

Post by Chiller Iain » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:52 am

I liked the original title, caught my eye! And that sounds like a great idea man, can't wait to see it happen :D If you need any help with anything i'll happily lend a hand.

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:33 pm

I'm all in.
One to dress up for I suspect.
On the given night I will only answer to my new moniker 'Panhandle Slim'.

'Beware of any enterprise that requires new clothing.'
-Henry David Thoreau
Pep Up The Turmoil

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:59 pm

Suh-weet!

Dress up for sure. Can we have those girls/guys in sparkly outfits selling fancy cigarettes and other paraphenalia from boxes strapped round their necks???

shan x

baloo

Post by baloo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:20 am

i hate poker.
up and at it.

Gandhi

shut up Blue

Post by Gandhi » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:09 pm

SHUT UP BLUE

and he's lying, when he played it for the first time he wet himself with excitment.
so shutup blue before i open a big can o' woopass on you!!
love you.
It's like God's vagina!

Nevadanteater

Post by Nevadanteater » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:22 pm

i hate poker for no money.

sigh.

i miss scary nevada.

i will play some real poker someday though...
God is great.
Grass is gentler.

Fils d'Abeille

Post by Fils d'Abeille » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:28 pm

I think somehow we should play for pine nut kernels

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:15 pm

Challenge excepted:
i'll give you a game for money matty, don't worry, I wont take too much cash off you.hehe.
Im sarting my job tomorow so let me accumulate some cash to tempt you with first.
It's like God's vagina!

Nevadanteater

Post by Nevadanteater » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:29 pm

nah, just gotta get about 6 people. everyone puts in a fiver and we play for the pot. simple. easy. fun. cheap. everything that i like in this world.
God is great.
Grass is gentler.

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:45 pm

sounds good, lets do it.
It's like God's vagina!

Gandhi

its on!!!

Post by Gandhi » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:29 pm

wow coolio. everyone seems to be up for it, and those who aren't? you've had your turn to speak.... now its funtime!
well as you know it is gonna be during smoking week, so hopefully be able to organise it for the weekend of the 24th but have to speak to ryan and matt etc.
My bro, who plays it a lot is coming down with other "card game" buddies to teach those who wanna be taught. Im slowly lining up essential music. and yes, oh yes it will be FANCYDRESS. Anyways when i have more info i'll keep u all posted and will no doubt need a hand when the time arrives.
thanks kids
xxx

p.s. now im thinking along the lines of Las Vegas night instead of just "card game"...fun for all, and lots of variety.
THIS WILL BE THE NIGHT OF YOUR LIFE......maybe.
Last edited by Gandhi on Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's like God's vagina!

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:16 pm

why does it now say SHEEP SHAGGING in the title? ppppppppppooooooogggggggggoooooooooo?
It's like God's vagina!

beev

Post by beev » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:55 am

Censorship is alive and well in the forest. Andy, with your wordage you have brought forth a flood of evil spam to our happy online home. Figure it out!

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:18 am

ha!
oh well, title has been changed to stop the gits, but check the 1st post to see what its all about.

:P :D :)
.....sorry for attracting spammers, didn't mean too. just the only way to tell lots of people about stuff is through the noticeboard.
It's like God's vagina!

Gandhi

Time To get Excited Folks....

Post by Gandhi » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:01 pm

So...its this Saturday people. And its gonna be mega! As I feel that Card games etc will scare off some people and maybe exclude others i have decided that we are going to simply have a Games Mania Night. Its going to hilarious and fun. We're going to be playing many of the famous games we know and love..... Play your Cards Right, Countdown, Mallets Mallet etc, as well as some little competitions. Although Im still deciding on whats going to be happening im sure of a few things.
1. There will be a Pulp Fiction style Jack Rabbit Slims dance competition...so start practicing with a partner...or if not then ask us on the night and we'll set u up with some one.
2.There will be live music from a few different of our Forest freinds, as well as a DJ to end the night.
3.We will be getting drunk and having a good time.
4.There will be prizes....

Now, i hope i've wetted your appetite a little. If anyone wants to get involved then we'll arrange to meet up. If not then don't forget to pencil this into your diary. THIS SATURDAY> SATURDAY 25TH of MARCH. GAMES MANIA @ THE FOREST CAFE. Bring freinds along and have an amazing time with us.
Lots of Love
Garden Andy
It's like God's vagina!

Gandhi

oh yeah....ITS FANCY DRESS AND BYOB

Post by Gandhi » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:57 pm

oh yeah, it will be fancy dress!!!!
we want you to come in clothes to suit the games/las vegas theme. Suits, sparkly jackets, sunglasses etc. just anything you think will look funny!!!
we want it to be a crazy night where all forest folk can let their hair down and have a good one....so don't be shy.

On the drinks front, the night will be BYOB
8) :lol: :shock: :P

THINKS ARE LOOKING GREAT SO HYPE IT UP TO EVERYONE U KNOW.
i'LL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED ON THINGS AS THEY EVOLVE. X

Gandhi

ok this time its happening

Post by Gandhi » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:18 pm

okie dokie people of the forest. So I know that you're all moist with excitement about Games Mania Night....but I promised it was gonna happen and finally we have a day to do it. YAY.
DADDADDADADADA (<---thats the noise of a fanfare) its the next Volunteer Party theme. cccccccccuuuuuuuuuuggghhhh(<---sound of millions of hands clapping).
So there you go.
So now you know when it is, all you have to do is turn up, and have an amazing time!!!! I promise it will be mega.
Look out for the posters coming to a Forest near you.
peace and fuckin
Garden Andy
xxx
It's like God's vagina!