stockroom shelf stacking

milk

stockroom shelf stacking

Post by milk » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:27 pm

i've just heard that charlotte, while trying to get some a bag of tea bags from the downstairs stock room the other day, was hit on the head by some boxes that had been placed on top of said bag though further back so she couldn't see them. she was in hospital yesterday evening where it was confirmed she had concussion (she's still feeling faint, tired and occasionally dizzy and sick). (i haven't spoken to lottie directly - this is the story from our mutual friend that took her to hospital).

what someone did in the way the stored items in the stock room was damn dangerous. this needs to not happen again. are there currently any guidelines/training for vollies on how to arrange things in said stockroom? can they be fixed to note this kind of issue?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:09 pm

I'm on it, re-ordering where things are and will try to impliment a system.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

swithun

Post by swithun » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:19 pm

How is Charlotte now? Talk about getting teabagged.

There is a place for everything in the dry store and labels. Maybe a stool so that short people can stack things and destack thing safely would be good.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:09 pm

She's all better.

I was down there today doing the Green City order and it was atrocious.

Why doesn't anyone ever take the boxes out? We would have more room if we didn't keep boxes with only one or two items in them.

There were three different containers of bread and another order coming tomorrow! I asked Jamie to freeze some and cancel the order for tomorrow.

Underneath bags of sugar and rice was a part sack or potatoes. Unfortunately, someone has bought a new 20kg sack.

TOO MUCH SPILLED FOOD. The hoover should be taken down to suck up the stuff underneath the bottom wood shelves. We should buy a whole bunch of bulldog clips to ensure plastic bags are closed properly. More air tight tubs if necessary.

neil

Post by neil » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:19 pm

is there a list of vollie duties for when cats are at a loose end? removing unneeded boxes and cleaning the stockroom should be on that list, if it exists. i used to do this quite regularly. certainly the boxes. the cleaning only occasionally. even if it got cleaned once every 3 months that wouldn't be bad. boxes should be cleared out weekly.

lucky

Re: stockroom shelf stacking

Post by lucky » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:00 pm

I'm doing an SDS order today. Will see if they have bulldog clips.

Have a vollie in tomorrow who can't work in the kitchen. Will get her on the underhoover.

Last night I went to sort the dry store and people had already cleaned up most of it. I've moved boxes of boxes of tea to another shelf. And big bags of things (sugar rice etc.) have been moved to a specific area out of the way.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

Charlotte Halton

Post by Charlotte Halton » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:23 pm

Yes I am now better thankyou. Very tired still, but that's ok.

One thing I did in the Dry Store this week was move all the stuff so it's together with the rest of the same item. I just figured that this would help people with the stock taking and would also help vollies find things when they're in a rush.

C
x

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:37 pm

nice one C! Let's hope it stays that way!
r