teddy making workshop

baloo

teddy making workshop

Post by baloo » Sat May 17, 2008 10:24 pm

would you believe it.

tuesday wednesday thursday 27 28 29 may....
5.30 till 8 each day.

marika is magic and will be taking us on a guided mission to teddy heaven...
Do-nation friendly.

Any chance forest can budge budget to buy some fluff?
up and at it.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun May 18, 2008 4:26 pm

How much?

baloo

Post by baloo » Wed May 21, 2008 12:22 am

20-30 squid?
totally get donations to pay it back..... there are a list of hungry teddy makers seething and aching to make their cute dreams real.....
up and at it.

baloo

Post by baloo » Wed May 21, 2008 12:23 am

or 10? or 5?...i mean....anything!?

50p?

:)
up and at it.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed May 21, 2008 3:44 pm

I think £20 is fine if we'll get it back in donations.

Newington Bandit

Post by Newington Bandit » Thu May 22, 2008 8:48 am

By the way, I need to go and renew my bits and bobs membership soon, they might have some cheap fluff for the teddies. Also, they've just emailed me a discount voucher of £4 if/when I bring a non-member friend with me. If anyone's considering joining, that's an extra £4 for fluffy goodies that goes into the workshop...

baloo

Post by baloo » Thu May 22, 2008 7:09 pm

i couldn't get the bits and bobs catalogue to down load...... i totally up for becoming a member.
Lemme at it.x
up and at it.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Thu May 22, 2008 9:53 pm

forest used to be a member.

maybe it still is?!!
the more you think, the more you stink

swithun

Post by swithun » Thu May 22, 2008 11:04 pm

We used to be. I met Jo there one day even. But it only lasts a year, so we probably aren't anymore. The page with prices is here. I don't know which group we fall into. If we want to join, where will the money come from? Who would make use of it most?

Newington Bandit

Post by Newington Bandit » Thu May 22, 2008 11:20 pm

I was waiting to become a member again, as I was trying to get the Library to be a corporate member, but it looks like it won't happen.
So I will just join again. Their opening times are no much good though. If you want to get stuff for the workshop, you'll have to go either tomorrow or Saturday cos' they're closed on Mondays and you never know what you might/might not find there.
I'm working in the Kitchen on Saturday but can get out an hour early and get there to renew my membership. They close at 3, so Blue, if you wanna browse, you could try and get there earlier, and if you want to join, I can introduce you and we get the £4 off. When you stick to the recycled goodies, that gets you a lot there!

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon May 26, 2008 11:48 am

I think our membership expired recently. They've been sending me emails asking for us back. We would need to pay £15 to renew.

dan

Post by dan » Tue May 27, 2008 7:50 pm

hey so this didn't happen. apparently there was confusion over who was supposed to do what and as a result no advertising was done so no-one came. So they're going to postpone it and do it in 2 weeks. hope that's ok. Also i think this leads onto a bit of a problem with the craft room. as an outsider it seems to me very hard to book in workshops and organise things there as it all seems to currently have to go through one person (Blue). Is this right? Cos if so I think it's too much for one person and also doesn't really work as an open space. What people think?
d xx
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue May 27, 2008 9:09 pm

I reckon it could work if the person/peoples were around quite a lot...could be good for a couple of the EVS volunteers to be involved in? Charlotte/Cyrielle/Marion/Charlotte all seem generally interested in crafty things.

What does Blue think?

xabina

Teddy Bears are Back!!!!!

Post by xabina » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:16 pm

Teddy Bears had past through the troubles they met at the previous workshop, and are coming back stronger and happier!!
So, the Teddy Bear Workshop will take place the 10th, 11th and 12th of June from 5.30p.m to 8p.m in the Craft Room!!
If you can't wait for sewing and making Teddy Bears, text Marika to sign in for the workshop :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If I can't dance I don't wanna be part of your revolution" Emma Goldman

baloo

Post by baloo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:30 pm

all i did was start the room and create an email.
Emma and others were/are involved, it was not even clean when people started booking it.
I think its quite open.
Theres a book to book the room through, but i only just got stuff ship shape and have not created an opening way of accessing this book perhaps....to begin with i wanted to be quite strict so people would stop using it as a beer and mess room.....and this has occured.

But i look at the room and it seems to be functioning quite well.
I did ask EVS to help, asked (one of) them to make posters for teddy wkshp etc and so don feel like i is takin on too much. People sometimes dont turn up to stuff even if it is advertised.

I thinks its all ok.
x

And gettin better.
Peace.x
up and at it.