What to do with the large white wall?

Front of House, garden etc.
lucky

What to do with the large white wall?

Post by lucky » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:06 pm

The wall I stare at for hours each day has been blank for a long time now.

A new young (15) volunteer called Andy has expressed interest in doing something on it. He's started volunteering a lot in the Kitchen, and is very enthusiastic and generally talented.

He's handed in a simple example of the stuff he'd like to do. It's in my pigeon hole (marked James and Alex) with his address at the back of it.

What do you think? Maybe a bit around the door? The whole wall?

If anyone disagrees with this, please let it be for alternative plans because it's getting boring.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:11 pm

pretty soon (next week if all goes to plan) big poster will going up in the wall , this will be an ongoing exhibition that people can submitte images via the total kunst email . more info is on the way

so hopefully that will mend the big white space for a while .

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:10 pm

yes, to update about the plans:

i have some images from two artists to blow up into posters and exhibit on the large wall. I think it should look pretty good. The plan is to exhibit four images by a given artist at a time so its a kind of mini- exhibit. A while back the FWG agreed it was ok to get some money for the first batch so we are going to go ahead with this next week.

there is also the plans to get the projector up and runnign smoothly which i should be helping nix with on thursday- this way we should be able to switch between posters and projections so there is always something on the wall.

Alex- you should put Andy onto me or martin or indeed nix as ther eis plenty of space for him to have a go at, e.g. that part of the wall that has the "just seed" image on it just now or others. He could also put together some images to be posterised... if he's still keen he could email the tk address or pm me on here.

lucky

Post by lucky » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Thanks! I'll let him know.

If the main wall space is taken up by posters, would there still be enough room for Andy to paint a little around the door, like a border?

Just an idea, I'll get him to mail TK mail.

Cheers, A*
Bohnenflaschen!

magical Andy

Post by magical Andy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:51 pm

hey

im Andy. i just realised that this was here. how nice. yeah em well im willing to do anything. round the door bit would be best but anythings cool with me :D

my emails andy@windthings.co.uk if you need :)

Andy

bill

Post by bill » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:52 pm

ANDY, FEEL FREE TO PAINT DOWN STAIRS ANYWHERE WHERE THERE IS SPACE........