"Business card" of working group meeting times

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
chombee

"Business card" of working group meeting times

Post by chombee » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:07 pm

I wasn't there but it seems that at the weekend away we combined the 19 (or so) working groups that run the Forest and all it does into 5 public working groups and 1 private forest working group. And we agreed that each of these groups would meet once a month, same day, time & place each month. Am I right?

This is a big step in the right direction and I think we need to concentrate now on being good at communicating these working groups and their meetings to the forest's adoring public and volunteers who might want to come along.

SO, I've made a PDF we can use to print out little cards to put in our wallets reminding us of all the meeting times. It is not finished yet because:

* I don't know what date the facilities group meets at
* or what time the forest working group meets at
* it needs something to go on the back. I think a one-sentence mission or description of each working group would be good, along with a sentence like "the forest is run by open working groups that use consensus, you can get involved!" Do we have mission or descriptions for the new working groups?

The idea is that we all keep one to remind ourselves, but also keep a bunch in an envelope behind in the kitchen so we can hand them out to any volunteers or others who express an interest.

Oh, and they need to be sturdy. Can we laminate these with our laminator? Or can I go to a shop and get a bunch laminated?

P.S. sorry the uploaded file is so huge. Shrug.

Good?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

lucky

Post by lucky » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:19 pm

Hail!

I would agree, good to have something we can pull out and go, "Shit! I was meant to be at this half an hour ago!"

The first Cafe and Events thing was *poorly* attended - however I'm not really in a position to speak as I would have forgotten were it not for the fact I was in the Forest that day.

Three of us, with a couple in meeting for a bit.

What happened? Just that time of year maybe?

Maybe we need to remember WGs is how we're functioning and don't underestimate the power of them, dum-dum-daaaaaaaaaaah!

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:13 pm

chombee. nice one.

chombee

Post by chombee » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:08 pm

What to do what to do. "The third Thursday of the month" is actually not that useful a thing to have on a card in your wallet unless you also have a calendar in your wallet. James has put a big calendar up on the noticeboard in the cafe with the actual dates for the next 3 months of meetings. But such a thing would not fit on the back of these cards, and I don't want to print and laminate more every 3 months. They are supposed to last forever. Any ideas?
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:10 pm

There is an algorithm for working out the day of the week you were born on. I found it in my old copy of Johnny Ball's Think Box. Sadly the Ball is now better known as the father of Zoe, but in his day, he brought the joys of maths to the masses.

Anyway, the algorithm could be used to work out which day of the month was the third Thursday, and would be better than a calendar.