exploading toilet

Front of House, garden etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Shannon

exploading toilet

Postby Shannon » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:04 pm

Gandhi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gandhi » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:27 pm

It's like God's vagina!

swithun

Postby swithun » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:34 pm

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:55 pm

graeme

Postby graeme » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:41 pm

The upstairs toilet door now has a lock.
There are two keys, one on the spanner and one in the key drawer(it is attached to a brass door handle ring) in the kitchen.

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:47 am

You are a star!!

ravanwin

Postby ravanwin » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:45 am

not sure about on-shift vollies only using the cupboard. if there is a party or something it's nice to have a space to put your coat and junk to ensure it doesn't get stolen. i think it is a kind service to provide vollies with - a place to stash stuff in safety.

i'm not so keen to discourage.

swithun

Postby swithun » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:40 pm

I can see the benefit of having a place where volunteers can keep their stuff safe, and it is another benefit of volunteering.

But I don't know all/most of the volunteers and having strangers take the key out of the kitchen is not what I want when I'm working there and might need the keys for getting food. Last time I asked someone why they wanted the key, they said they had been working here for 4 years and weren't very happy about being asked.

The good intention of providing a cloakroom for volunteers gets abused by people who want the key every time the feel like having a fag, or want to leave their crap there until the next time they think about picking it up. Plus, I feel my things are less safe in there when so many people can go in and out.

Shannon

Postby Shannon » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:01 am

ravanwin

Postby ravanwin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:54 am

i wouldn't leave my stuff in there because i don't have a key.... not because i think it is unsafe.

1) move the key to somewhere else harder to get your hands on?

2) find a middle ground.

people should have a space to put their belongings.

extraterrestial dan, however, should not. is that middle ground

Return to “The Building”