informal tour of native flora around Edinburgh

Front of House, garden etc.
vijay

informal tour of native flora around Edinburgh

Post by vijay » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:06 pm

Hi all,

If anyone is interested: An informal tour of the wild plants/flowers through the hermitage/blackford hill is being organised for next friday (21st sept). We shall assemble at the forest at 4:30pm and either take a bus (the 42 is the closest i think) or walk down there. we'll stick around til sunset (which i think is around 7:30 or so now)

Some activities that we might engage in during the walk/tour include identifying and removing invasives (like the himalayan balsam..which is particularly prevalent), flower pressing and sketching, or just keying out different plant species using a field guide.

so, if you know a thing or two about the native flora around edinburgh or would like to discover something new and interesting... do come along!

cheers!

(ooh...would someone be up to help make a poster for the tour to put on the noticeboard?)

Dandolo

Post by Dandolo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:12 pm

We could also collect seeds of plants to introduce to the Forest garden or our living rooms.

Dandolo

Post by Dandolo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:27 pm

I'm making a poster and I'll put your and Jake's names on it as I'll meet you down there after the lab i think i'll have that afternoon

vijay

Post by vijay » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:12 pm

i saw the poster and it's gorgeousity. (fritzar...like the ink you've used).

lets hope its a nice late summer afternoon/evening.

Dandolo

Post by Dandolo » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:09 am

the pastels smudged so it looks like it rained, like it's doing right now