dan

Distracting Dreams

Post by dan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:15 pm

Hey,
here are some distractions to linger over:
http://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/browsea.asp
enjoy...
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

chris

Post by chris » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:59 pm

the list is too short!

the only potential one still seems to be the italian institute, which really looks a real goer!!

if only mikalee were here...

shame to cross the dream 'Portsburgh Chapel' off the list, but thank god, another hotel!

xxx
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

dan

Post by dan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:29 pm

I asked about one,
here's the reply, it doesn't really seem to mean much, but it's friendly enough...

Dan

A colleague has passed on your e-mail asking about the status of St James' Church in Leith.

The building is category - B listed and is one of the 5 'priority buildings' in the Leith Townscape Heritage Initiative. CEC is currently working with partners and the owner to identify the preferred use of the building and establishing the cost of conversion/ extension for that use. It is unlikely any conversion work will take place within the next 2 years.

I hope this is sufficient information but if you require more info about the church itself then this can be obtained on the Scottish Civic Trust web-site (http://www.scottishcivictrust.org.uk) clicking on 'Buildings at Risk Register' and scrolling for Buildings on the register in Edinburgh.

Feel free to call me on 0131 529 6236 if you require more specific information.

Regards
Lesley Porteous.
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose