Archive of events and images (gallery)

brittonie

Archive of events and images (gallery)

Post by brittonie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:32 pm

i was also thinking...

maybe there could be an image gallery that archived/ documented the past events that happened at forest.

I know there's loads of photos on everyone's facebooks and everything but that's not open to the public necessarily nor is it compiled in a user friendly new to forest way.
~And it would be cool if it was all in one place, you know?

Like if everyone got their photos and labeled them in a folder of what it was and when... between hot tubs and banquets and shows and random days in the cafe and crazy installations there is just so much we could show...

yes!
wet, dirty and dangerous.

preoccupation

Re: Archive of events and images (gallery)

Post by preoccupation » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:47 am

Think that's a great idea. Suggest that people maybe opt to collect one specific area - or two - and then put it all together. It's working well so far for me collecting the visuals re fundraising.

Best

CJ

brittonie

Post by brittonie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:26 am

maybe we could put out a call on the people's forum to have people email compressed folders with images which are labeled as a date or event- that way there is a wider net cast for any images... or drop off cds or bring in thumb drives etc... links to youtube if there's stuff up there.

then once things start coming in they could be put into folders on a computer or just up on a gallery page as they come it

or maybe just have people email the images strait to "imagegallery"@ the forest. org... or something

???
whatever is easiest and will most likely get pictures to go up?

brittonie

Post by brittonie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:27 am

maybe we could put out a call on the people's forum to have people email compressed folders with images which are labeled as a date or event- that way there is a wider net cast for any images... or drop off cds or bring in thumb drives etc... links to youtube if there's stuff up there.

then once things start coming in they could be put into folders on a computer or just up on a gallery page as they come it

or maybe just have people email the images strait to "imagegallery"@ the forest. org... or something

???
whatever is easiest and will most likely get pictures to go up?

Lien

Post by Lien » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:13 pm

Defently a good idea !!!!!
Maybe a link to flickr on the website ?

Grt !

HGiles

Post by HGiles » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:05 am

Good plan.

By coincidence, Rob of the media teaqm has just made a Flickr pool, which would be a really simple way to colllate photos:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/forestcafe/

brittonie

Post by brittonie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:52 pm

re: flickr pool

perhaps this could be posted on the main page as a link + call for people to add pictures

hooray!
xx

chombee

Post by chombee » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:28 pm

We started a forest photogroup on 23hq a while ago:

http://www.23hq.com/photogroup/forest/

but it never really caught on. The idea was to support someone more independent rather than a big business.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

brittonie

Post by brittonie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:34 pm

maybe a link could be posted on the forest page- encouraging others to add their swell forest moments for all to see??

i know i'd add some photos
xoxox