BB update

Duncan

BB update

Post by Duncan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:32 pm

To begin, all seems to be fine now, but...

The BB was behaving strangely yesterday, went down completely, then came back up, working, but a bit patchy. I couldn't get access to any of the diagnostics on the database or the BB admin panel. Was a bit concerned that we were going to lose stuff.

I had a final go at running a database check, left it for a few hours and came back to find it completed finally, saying ok. The various ok messages were a bit misformatted, and in the midst of them was something about a server restart. Don't know if it really refered to a full reboot of the server, but since then stuff seems to have fully recovered.

To make sure I've updated us from PhpBB3 3.0.2 to 3.0.4, which of course needs to be done anyway. Update seems to have gone fine, but have a look incase anything is astray. The registration mod is still in place but I'm not sure about others.

Phew.
I love the bomb.

Gandhi

Re: BB update

Post by Gandhi » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:42 pm

well done for fixing it Dunc. Without the BB to pass the time yesterday I had to do some actual work which meant dealing with really horrible and ungrateful students, which made me nearly quit my job If i quit my job I would be skint and on the streets with no money and only a bottle of meths to keep me warm, whilst i would be staring at all the evil students walking passed me wearing their pink polo shirts and using their Blackberries to phone up SAAS to ask for more money. Without the BB...well...i could die! Thanks for sorting it out.
It's like God's vagina!

milk

Post by milk » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:07 pm

strange, though good work and hopefully that'll sort it out.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

chombee

Post by chombee » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Someone should make a backup of the bb content though
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:06 pm

chombee wrote:Someone should make a backup of the bb content though
Oh I did, that was the first thing. But we should do it regularly (and frequently).
I'd volunteer but I know fine well I'm hopeless at such things.
I love the bomb.