veg orders

Shannon

veg orders

Post by Shannon » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:13 pm

I am trying to compare organic veg prices with our current veg delivery. Have we ever been given a proper list of prices from Nadias? It would be much easier to compare things if I had more to go on than the scrawled bills we get each morning.

Anyway, things are looking good so far. Heads of lettuce seem to be only a few p more. Carrots, onions and potatoes are all decent prices (and local - East Lothian). They can deliver Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

chris

Post by chris » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:21 pm

the prices change daily, so no list is available.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:17 pm

Well, that will definitely make costing the menu difficult.

I've started collecting the receipts in the Green City drawer to try and get a better idea. Neil, I'll pass them onto you when I'm done.

chris

Post by chris » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:37 pm

to cost veg for menus, you just use an upper value

ie. if the price varies from 5-10p you assume its 10p
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:11 pm

Right, but that's only possible if you know the lower and upper limits.

Neil or others: do we have all the old veg receipts? It would be much easier if we could get a decent bill from Nadias, or a price range!

I propose that we start ordering carrots, some lettuce, onions, potatoes and parsnips from Grow Wild. As far as I can tell the prices are close. All of these are from Scotland or Great Britain. Some things like potatoes are from East Lothian. All are organic.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:43 pm

just set up a weekly order when you can.

beev

Post by beev » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:25 pm

Nadias should be able to give upper & lower limits. If they can't give us exact prices, they should at least be able to give us that!

chris

Post by chris » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:42 pm

when you do veg for a while it is pretty easy to get a feel for the prices...

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:58 pm

I made an organic veg order yesterday. It will be delivered to me on Tuesday. So, in the meantime, don't order loads of leeks/parsnips/mushrooms/green peppers/carrots. There will be a lot of these coming in. If you need any before then, don't order a case, order by the kilo.

Also, for Ryan: they will be bringing 12 heads of romaine lettuce on Tuesday, so we won't need any from Nadias.