Record inner sheet

Records, publishing, shop etc.
dan

Record inner sheet

Post by dan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Right, i tried to write something up to put in the record for people to read as they listen. I am tired and hungover. So it didn't come out very right you see. Can people try and fuk with it plees? any ideas for images to stick on it too? Remember, this represents forest to the record buying public, it is very important...
Thanks d x x x x

The record you have in your hands is the product of thousands of years work. Think about that as it spins and soothes your jaded ears. The bands on it have all interacted with The Forest at some point, they have all played there, washed dishes there, scrubbed the floors there, taken out the recycling there, partied there… The record is a double b side double a side, contained on one disc. The Forest is a collective arts space, funded by a volunteer powered vegetarian café. It was set-up in 2001 in a dusty corner of Edinburgh and spread like a plague through the town, it’s now housed in a big ex-church in the centre of town. There’s events on almost every night, all of these are free. Bands like you hear on this record might play. Bands like nothing you’ve ever heard before might play. You might see things you never dreamed possible. And you might see things you’ve only seen in your dreams. The Forest collective is made up of working groups, active on a non-hierarchical basis. Everyone can get involved. These working groups decided to make some vinyl as CDs were getting so passé and we wanted to push ourselves more, increase the sleep deprivation and therefore tighten the edge. It was a learning curve. But we got there. Loads of amazing music was submitted, lots of people listened to it and did the impossible job of filing it down into four tracks. At first it was going to be a 7”. We were over-ambitious. Then it was going to be a 12”, but we didn’t really like that idea, so we came to a beautiful conclusion: ten inches. Then there was the sticky question of what to put on the inner circle. We wanted to send a message to everyone who had the fortune to get a record. So we made them all individually. Check it out. Get two and compare them. We have more to talk about, but let’s do that in person. Enjoy.

The Forest, 3 Bristo Place, Edinburgh, EH1 1AL
http://www.theforest.org.uk - there’s loads more music to listen to here
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

beev

Re: Record inner sheet

Post by beev » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:43 pm

dan wrote:washed dishes there, scrubbed the floors there, taken out the recycling there
dan wrote:working groups, active on a non-hierarchical basis
Lies!

Everything else is great, though.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:49 pm

It was set-up in 2001 in a dusty corner of Edinburgh
was it not 2000?

i thought so....
the more you think, the more you stink

dan

Post by dan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:40 pm

so you can't photocopy onto tracing paper. I've tried and tried. I'm going to just print onto normal paper. ok?
ok.
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose