Hello I would probably like to use yor workshop space please

stuart

Hello I would probably like to use yor workshop space please

Post by stuart » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:58 am

Are these things still running and would I be welcome to come along and work on a project I currently have in mind? I have an idea for something, but I can't say too much about it. It involves making a kind of wedding cake out of three mousemats glued together and cut into a certain shape. I've not really done anything like this since I was as high as a donkey so I might need some help with methods and materials etc. I'm sure I could work something out but I am busy working on some other things right now and also I need to buy materials. If the forest offered me some space and the use of any materials that were there I would be willing to donate some modest reimbursement that would more than cover everything. That way I would know what I needed to use and would save wasting money on stuff that didn't work, or had to be paid for more than I needed to use. Open to collaboration on this. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it or know more. Best wishes to everyone at the forest.

stuart

Re: Hello I would probably like to use yor workshop space pl

Post by stuart » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:28 am

It's nothing to do with Valentine's bollocks by the way, the wedding cake thing is just part of the idea. I am looking to expand on that in several ways that I am currently gestating. I can't say any more, but if any of the forest creatures out there were willing to help/collaborate it could end up being good for everyone, not least the forest. It's for charity. Also something that shouldn't take any longer than the turn of a very slow wheel, ie. a day or a few days.

stuart

Post by stuart » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:57 am

Ah'll dae it masell then. No worries, just looking for some extra craftsmanship space and perhaps a brainstorming session. I have a good idea for something, but it's only partly developed in my head and the last time I did anything with glue and paint at the same time was in 1986. Things, paint, glue, time, more booze and I'm sure I'll get there. Just busy digitising some other stuff right now but come the eve of the next half moon I will be looking to hopefully start pulling this together.

While I am here writing more late night drunken ramblings though I wondered if perhaps there were any ladies out there who may be willing to lend me a hand? Hahahaha no I don't mean that, I'm looking for a photo of a woman's hand, specifically the top right hand corner of one (or left doesn't matter) but google is apparently no use, such is the complexity and beauty of the female hand.

Your hand must be-

-sexy
-not wrinkly or hairy
-long nails would be a plus but not essential
-the fingers in your hand must be slightly splayed and flat on a surface as though you are being fucked from behind on a bed, or a kitchen table, or you are holding it up as though to say No! (photographed from the perspective of you)

Apologies in advance for this. Behind the stupid humour there is a serious request here. All will be revealed in due course.

stuart

Post by stuart » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:02 pm

I suppose an explanation would be useful at this point. I designed some sleeves for the Secret 7 again this year, but apparently none of them were good enough and they had to make room for lots of minimalism. I slog my guts out for 2 solid months and someone comes along and writes 'But Wait!' on a piece of card in crayon and gets in on that. (sleeve #700) Meh....

http://secret-7.com/

Anyway, here are seven of the best ones I did. I was thinking about organising something similar using classic albums but I need to give it more thought. I forgot to do a cost vs. risk analysis before going and asking loads of bands, turns out vinyl is horrendously expensive to produce. Anyway, still working on it, it's either going to come together, not happen at all or be a complete disaster. Only one of the bands I've conversed with I would say are big enough to inspire enough interest I think. Got more than a year to organise things so see how it goes.

Roxy Music - Virginia Plain

Based on a packet of cigarettes the band used to like, I created this from some of their previous album covers and stuff. You can now see what the fuck I was going on about with the creepy hand photo request.

Elbow - Grounds For Divorce

This was the wedding cakes idea. I thought this one might get in on the strength of it being original and topical. I have attempted to illustrate Scotland as separated from the rest of the UK and turning it's back on the union, with each of the four main country's national flowers separated by a chain, with a ballot box square in the centre. I had the idea to represent the isle's as a sort of wedding cake or something on the hard copy, but dropped the idea in the end as it was too much work and I can't paint.

Black Sabbath - Age Of Reason

Based on the the scene at the start of 2001 where apes find the monolith, but with a black cross instead of a monolith, and a pair of Ozzy specs in place of the crescent moon.

T-Rex - Get It On

A T-Rex skeleton as the filament of a light bulb, and an image of the earth during the Cretaceous period.

Massive Attack - Karmacoma

Jake Bugg - Strange Creatures