Stage lighting

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Martin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Stage lighting

Postby Martin » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:32 am

James

Postby James » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:24 am

laura

Postby laura » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:33 pm

they call us winsome, but we're just hopeless

Martin

Postby Martin » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:42 pm

James - yes, that should be possible as per the other one. It has big 30A cable on it though so it may be necessary to replace that with a fresh 13A cable to take the new plug.

Laura - I'm keeping track of all the current levels and fuses here, don't worry. We'd be running each dimmer at under half its rated capacity, to ensure it's okay to run from a 13A circuit, wiring, plug and fuse.

James - do you know if there are two separate 13A or higher circuits available nearby? I'm guessing all the sockets there are on the same one.

We've got to rewire the new meeting room in the near future, so we could just take the opportunity to run 30A cable right from the main distribution board at the same time. Might cost a bit though.

James

Postby James » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:14 pm

James

Postby James » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:34 pm

The lighting board doesn't entirely work - channel 6 on the grey sliders is out. I'll make a full list of what's broken after this weekend.

Martin

Postby Martin » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:26 am

I can't remember which the grey ones are - does that mean channel 6 isn't working at all (it did for us) or just some of the sliders don't work? If the latter we may be able to fix it, possibly cannibalising some bits from the little one.

James

Postby James » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:37 am

Dont canabalise bits from the little one - we always need a board that works, something simple ... we should keep it as backup. Plus it might be good as a focuser. (For focusing lights, you sometimes have to run a long way from the board to the lights. If you can have a wee board on a long extension you can take where you are it saves time and energy)

Instead, seeing the main board has 3 groups of dimmer controls, but we only have two dimmers and not enought lights, and the fact we are unlikely to get more, canabalise bits from the 3rd group to make the 1st two groups work perfectly.

Channel 6 works on the white top slider but not the grey bottom slider. It could be the grey A/B switch, which has the cover missing and is unmovable. I'll make a full list this week.

Martin

Postby Martin » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:06 pm

James

Postby James » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:30 pm

Martin

Postby Martin » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:06 pm

Maybe you could give it a clean out and see how that goes? If there's still problems after that, next Dorkbot is scheduled for 13th Nov, or I can just have a go at it myself at some point.

Return to “Facilities”