fractal animation at the cafe?

Susana

fractal animation at the cafe?

Post by Susana » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:22 pm

I don't know if this is the group in charge of a decision like this. I had this idea that it could be nice to project fractal animation on the wall at the cafe just as a background thing sometimes during the day, or from time to time.

I have a dvd with a series of videos of very different fractal animations. It was given to me by the author, a guy from the States. I asked him if we could show them at the cafe (for free of course) and he said yes indeed. If we wanted to go ahead with this some computing expert would have to do some work so that just by playing the dvd all the videos would run one after another automatically (as it is you have to press play for each of the videos). I spoke to Polish Peter and he said he could do that.
Also each of the videos come with their own music but we can turn the sound off if we prefer.

You can check his work in:

http://www.fractal-animation.net/ufvp.html

At some point I had also thought that it could be cool to project pieces of dance, from classical to modern to more ethnical,etc... but I gather that that is under copyright regulations...

What do you think? :roll: :roll:
Susanita, la amiga tonta de Mafalda

michaelbowdidge

Re: fractal animation at the cafe?

Post by michaelbowdidge » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:45 pm

It does sound quite an interesting idea, but what i would suggest with an idea like this is that it probably ought to be posted in the peoples forum, rather than here, so that everyone can see what you're suggesting and have a chance to give you feedback on the idea...

Hope that helps...
I'll take your brain to another dimension...