CASH PRIZE+8HOUR STAGE

baloo

CASH PRIZE+8HOUR STAGE

Post by baloo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:43 pm

> Hi Blue,
>
> I spoke to you last week regarding the exciting new BBC entertainment event I am working on at Endemol. Please find attached a document that will tell you more about the show and how to get in contact with us. I would appreciate it if you could circulate this document people who you think might be interested.
>
> If you have any queries regarding the attached document or any problems accessing it please email me, otherwise please refer to the contact details within the document. If you want to start brainstorming and send me some ideas about what you might do in the box that would be great.
>
>
> Many thanks for your help and assistance.
>
<<Upstaged>>
> Kind regards
>
> Clare
>
> clare smithies
> Researcher | endemol west

Upstaged is the ultimate talent event from the BBC, online and on TV.

Upstaged is open to anyone across the country who thinks they are entertaining. If you’ve got an amusing, interesting or compelling idea and can perform or demonstrate it in a 20 x 30 foot glass studio for 8 hours, then we need you. You could ultimately be in with a chance of winning, not only the hearts of a nation, but also a very tasty prize.

Remember: you can do anything! Ok, nothing that can get any of us arrested but for everyone’s sanity - be imaginative and think big. It is your stage, your space and your platform, so what would you do with it? Are you an artist looking for a gallery? Are you offering a service? Do you need a venue or a soapbox?

If so, think about how you would promote yourself, the potential people and props involved and don’t forget the audience! They are not just there to gawp at you on the Internet - try and involve them where you can. It might just keep their interest and keep you on stage. Be creative: this is not the end of the pier (although if you think you can make a knobbly knee contest entertaining for eight hours, be our guest).

Now what?

Once you know what you’re going to do, write a persuasive pitch and add a photo or better still a video. If you don’t have a video camera, beg or borrow someone else’s and if all else fails, film it on your mobile. But beware: a bad quality video is like a leather jumper: it doesn’t do anyone any favours. Think of your video as your audition to get onto the show, you need to sell yourself and your idea. This is what the online community will watch to decide if you’re going on or going out so you want it to be good!

You’ve got 8 hours to fill - that’s like a day’s work – your job is to ensure it won’t feel like work to watch. We can’t help you with your ideas but if you need any further information, email us!

Good luck and get filming!
anyone?
up and at it.