organisations to contact r.e. gallery listings

buchers

organisations to contact r.e. gallery listings

Post by buchers » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:47 pm

So.... creating a list of, as said in title, organisations to get in topuch with about listings.

Got any ideas, suggestions contacts???

Great.

James

Post by James » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:50 pm

I can get in touch with people at the uni of edi student paper and a new student aimed publication starting soon called Journal.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:58 am

market gallery and fruitmarket gallery may pass along emails and information and would probably display flyers if we had them.

email@

mark eting<at>frui tmarket.co. uk;

market<at>market gall ery.org.uk;

i put spaces in to stop spammers.

r

chris

Post by chris » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:24 pm

journals:

list, skinny, student, scotsman, herald, one o clock gun (our enemy), etc..

but more important is the other art peoples:

collective, embassy are the most important ones, cos they are artist/member run... but also eca, napier, telford, school art departments (higher and a level art students) and of course, fruitmarket, stills etc..etc..

further afield:

transmission in glasgow + a bunch of others, i cant remember and not know the scene so well..

generator in dundee..

but basically we should do email outs to all scottish + newcastle artist run outfits once a month (and no more really) to let them know what is going on, and invite them to be involved/submit, and make links for us to do further afield stuff..

basically all the emails should be collated for these groups (permission should be asked too, where appropriate), and it done in a block...
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

James

Post by James » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:31 pm

Oh, I can find out about Duncan of Jordanstone Art College in Dundee.

Lets get this mailing list up and get started. If you guys have any technical problems let me know and I can try to help you solve them ...

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:51 pm

quite a few of these galerys are on the mailing list mixed in , am going to parse them out , to make a list of them on their own , ill post it here when i am done

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:52 pm

not sure if all those adds are good tho because some of them are coming back as failed.