The KMs have worked much too hard..

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Susana

The KMs have worked much too hard..

Post by Susana » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 pm

The miracle of the Forest and the Festival has just happened again! (It is, I think, nothing less than a miracle that the Forest keeps on being alive and doing things.. and of the magnitude of the Festival!) (The Forest reminds me of a comment that this Catalan theatre director once made about Spain for the British tv in 1992: 'In Spain miracles happen everyday! Planes take off.., trains depart,etc !! And he was absolutely right. Such a chaotic and unruly place.. It makes you believe in life!!

Anyhow... I had been thinking how the poor KMs do such an amazing job! and they get such tinny pay for it.. Shouldn't they get at least a bit more for the time of the Festival? ! Something like a percentage of the net benefit... or a fixed amount per hour that reflects a bit the enormity of their task?

A few years ago i was working in this fish and chips and even in that dingy place I managed to get us £7/hr..(!) So it is only fair that in a place like the Forest they should be acknowledged somehow.. Don't you think? Should there be a debate about this?

(I can't resist not telling you the rest of the story...: the manager of the chippy got that year most of the benefits in August for himself: £12,000! and in 10 days he had gambled them away!!! And it gets better... :he was a psychologist!! Life is always much better than fiction) :wink: :wink:
Susanita, la amiga tonta de Mafalda

ravanwin

Re: The KMs have worked much too hard..

Post by ravanwin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:08 am

agree. thanks for the reminder. we have a small reward plan to say thanks for the dedication, time and madness.
R