Volunteers needed at Beltane 2009

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
milk

Volunteers needed at Beltane 2009

Post by milk » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:23 pm

Beltane Fire Festival (www.beltane.org) is still looking for a volunteers for a variety of groups. Please read the below & forward it on to your friends and family!

=========================
PROCESSIONAL STEWARDS

Beltane 2009 is coming. Be a part of it - join the Beltane Fire Society’s Processional Stewards.

Less than a month to go until Beltane but we still have places left for people as Processional Stewards. Get up closer to the action of the festival and interact with the crowd.

Training is provided. No previous experience necessary. Low time commitment - excellent for people who lead busy lives.

What is Beltane?
• The Beltane Fire Festival is held every year on the night of 30th April on Calton Hill, Edinburgh.
• Each year an audience of up to twelve thousand people watches our procession go round the hill.
• The performance is spiritual, energetic, and spectacular.

What do Stewards do?
• We help protect the Green Man, May Queen, and other performers from the crowds
• We keep the performance space clear
• We make sure that the public is safe

What’s in it for you?
• See the glory of Beltane from up close
• Low time commitment
• Crowd control training
• Beltane After Party!

Please e-mail tom@stewarding.org.uk

FRONT OF HOUSE

We also urgently need volunteers and paid staff for Front of House. In order for Beltane to take place we will need a dozen people to help out. Tasks include bottle decanting, stewarding, and ticket selling.

We have some paid positions plus we need volunteers for the peak times...
• If you volunteer then you will get FREE entry to the hill and club!!
• Paid members will also get discounted entry to the club!

If you can help us then please contact our Front of House organisers...

Jen Berggren
firejenster@googlemail.com
• 07962 554 550 (after 2pm)

Rob Fielding
antal@inbox.com
• 07796 945 767

GREEN POINT

'As a bunch of Zanni, the Green Pointers of Beltane 2009, will be scampering about on Beltane night having fun!!, interacting with each other and with punters... oh! and picking up recycleable rubbish!

So what are Zanni's??
(nb. the word 'zany' is derived from Zanni... this says alot!!)

Zanni's are characters from a form of ensemble theatre called Commedia Dell'arte, which origins date back to 1500's. It is the actions of the Zanni that most of the comedy in Commedia Dell'arte comes from; practical jokes, slapstick humour and physical theatre.

The Zanni are servants, they are always hungry or sleepy and portray them selves as down-trodden and hard worked, though they are rather lazy and enjoy making fun of their masters and are obsessed with the basic functions of life; food, drink, sleeping, pooing, weeing, farting, sex...etc!

Zanni wear a black mask with a long broad nose; the longer the nose, the more a fool they are! They love intrigue and practical jokes, often ending up being tricked themselves. They have some common sense but they are also quarrelsome, cowardly, envious, and spiteful... ...all manner of opportunity within the Zanni character to explore and play with!

So a bunch of Zanni scampering about with a mischievous air of Zanniness!, obsessed with food and drink, and with wheel burrows!, bins! and baskets! to collect... recyclable rubbish!!! (....I see this also as an opportunity to share in punters food and drinks, if you know what I mean!)

We'd love to have you on board with us, and some of you zany friends too? the more Zanni's the merrier; ...the more fun, the quicker we clean up the hill, and the 'good-er' we all are for the environment!! tee hee!

Please get in touch with Mazz at oz_mazz@yahoo.com

ELEMENTAL BANNERBEARERS

A couple of our elemental groups are looking for Bannerbearers or Torchbearers.

These roles are low commitment but will give you a friendly and interesting introduction to a Beltane performance group.

Please get in touch with Stuart at volunteers@beltane.org
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

debois

Re: Volunteers needed at Beltane 2009

Post by debois » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:37 am

Good morning.

I have emailed you about being a volunteer at Beltane but you havn`t got back to me.

I play the dejembe, fire juggle and I am also a certified first aider.

Kind regards,

david debois.

milk

Re: Volunteers needed at Beltane 2009

Post by milk » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:29 pm

i'm not the beltane volunteers co-ordinator, stuart is, but he's also the Secretary of beltane fire society and thusly kinda busy at the mo, but i'm sure he'll get back to you as soon as poss.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku