Gigs this weekend at Wee Red Bar, Bongo Club & the Forest

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Lynne

Gigs this weekend at Wee Red Bar, Bongo Club & the Forest

Post by Lynne » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:50 am

The Gentle Invasion rises from the grave for one last shriek at the Wee Red Bar on Friday night (October 31st). Yes, it is the season once more for OUR LADIES OF SORROW’s annual synth-prog opera. Our Ladies of Sorrow are an Edinburgh supergroup of sorts, incorporating members of eagleowl, Woodenbox & a Fistful of Fivers, the Occasional Flickers and Heavy Flow. They will be joined by Glasgow freaks IF YOU LIVED HERE YOU’D BE HOME BY NOW and Newcastle ’s RUSS ABATTOIR, about whose stagecraft I have heard truly terrifying things. This gig starts at 7pm and costs 4 pounds.

Then on Saturday night EAGLEOWL (and SPARROW & THE WORKSHOP) will be supporting BROKEN RECORDS at their single launch in the Bongo Club from 7ish. Dunno how much it costs but I expect it’ll be brilliant. At roughly the same time and very nearby, THE WEE ROGUE and WOUNDED KNEE will be playing at the Canon’s Gait in support of some other people I have never heard of. I wish I could go to both!!

Finally, on Sunday, mysterious new promotions thingy “WH666” will be hosting their second ever gig, in the illustrious surroundings of the Forest Hall (previously the Bristo Hall), and it’s a whopper... they’ve got MAJOR MATT MASON USA, doyen of the New York antifolk scene and founder of Olive Juice Music, supported by WITHERED HAND (doyen of the Edinburgh antifolk scene?), plus a rare appearance from crazed Filmhouse chef and musical toy fetishist LES ENFANT BASTARD. This show starts at 7.30pm and is FREE! And who knows, maybe they will even have got the heating working up there by now!