Free Psychometric/Prejudice Testing

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
russ_jones2k
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Free Psychometric/Prejudice Testing

Postby russ_jones2k » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:04 pm

Hello all

To help pay my tuition fees at Edinburgh University I'm getting people together who would be interested in a bit of psychometric testing. Here are a few brief details:

- 2 tests which build a kind of personality profile
- 1 group of tests which measure implicit/hidden prejudices you might have
- takes about one hour in total (you can take breaks) and is done from your own computer at home
- you get detailed feedback reports on your results

Normally these test reports would cost £130 through a business and they're especially good for CVs to show competencies; or just interesting for you as an individual.

If you are interested in taking part then please email Russell Jones on:

trials2008@gmail.com

THANKS!

chris

Re: Free Psychometric/Prejudice Testing

Postby chris » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:19 pm

so how much does it cost to do them with you?

milk

Postby milk » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:48 pm

i google stalked russ and found which has more details on the tests.

russ - what do you plan on using the data for yourself? these systems - in a nutshell, in your opinion, what makes them better than, say, and it's faults?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

Jane

Postby Jane » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:28 pm

why is "pay my tuition fees" so pink?

russ_jones2k

Postby russ_jones2k » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:32 am

Hello!

It's free to do the test "through me". I'm getting funds towards my tuition fees for finding people to take part, tis all.

I can't really say what the differences etc are, I wasn't involved at all on the personality profile tests. I did some work on the prejudice tests which measure implicit/unknown prejudices and make you aware of them (if you have any that is). The prejudice tests use pictures and words, measuring reactions rather than using a quiz-like system.

I put that tuition bit in pink because i wanted to point out that it's kind of a favour to help me with fees, and maybe you'll get something useful from it too! Plus, pink is nice.

I'd very much appreciate it if you could spare the time anyway. I did them all myself and got a detailed report back which was pretty interesting. It's up to you, obviously!

Also if you know anyone who might be interested (supposedly they're worthwhile for CVs, especially if a job involves driving as there's something to do with speed and safety opinions in there) then please feel free to forward the email address.

Many thanks

Russell

Jimmy Bastard

Postby Jimmy Bastard » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:12 pm

as william burroughs was always keen to ask
'who profits?'
this strikes me as more nefarious, pseudoshit poppycock hogwash
or at best some sort of greedhead parlour game
who you trying to hoodwink?
that my friend is spam-lite
and considering it's your maiden post constitutes a low-level social evil.
if you are intent on asking for a favour,
then some elsewhere contribution on the boards might help tip inclination
i suggest you go and junk up gumtree instead whilst you're there post up an ad in for ironing services or something else with tangible merit to help pay toward your tuition.
Pep Up The Turmoil

russ_jones2k

Postby russ_jones2k » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:15 pm

A simple "no thanks" would suffice. If you don't want to do it, don't. Those who do, I appreciate your time.

swithun

Postby swithun » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:34 pm

Don't worry. The 'Bastard' is probably annoyed because no one would pony up for his phrenology workshop. With all the numerologists and crystal worshipers around, it should have been a sure fire winner.

Return to “The People's Forum”