Georgian singing

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Roman

Georgian singing

Post by Roman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:06 pm

* Save
* Print
* Report this ad

Georgian singing
Date posted: Tuesday 27th May

We are a collection of singers planning to get together on a regular basis in Edinburgh to sing the wonderful a cappella folk songs of Georgia (the country in the Caucuses, not the US state!) with a view to holding a Georgian singing event later in the year.

For those who don't know them, these ancient songs are in 3-parts, not overly complex, but are often intensely moving with spine-tingling harmonies!
We invite singers of any voice to join with us to sing -- some experience of harmony or choral singing would be an advantage, but enthusiasm is key!

Time and place of the meetings is to be decided, but they will be in central Edinburgh.
If you are interested or would like to hear more, reply by email dtugwell@googlemail.com or phone me on 07972 896737

cheers
David
"Don't trust anyone over thirty" - Jerry Rubin

dan

Post by dan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:32 am

are you going to be taking part in this Roman? We had some Georgian singing in the cafe a few months ago, it was totally amazing...
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

Roman

Post by Roman » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:54 pm

I went two weeks ago and was really nice, they will sing in the forest at the end of July for EVS festival :shock:
"Don't trust anyone over thirty" - Jerry Rubin